#5 Late Night

(Y/n)'s POV

I walk the streets, quietly admiring the birds flying past and the flowers growing beside the sidewalk. Rays of sunlight shine through gaps of leaves left by the trees, which are aligned next to each other neatly.

'Why does Bakugou hate me so much...?'

The thought makes me wonder... but the answer is simple. He hates me because I'm stronger than him. I know it. I did put him in the hospital...

'How could I have lost it so easily...?'

I ask myself that every time Bakugou reaches my mind. It's a difficult question to answer at the moment. I turn the doorknob to my home and step inside, the smell of white lilacs filling the whole building. Yes, I keep lilacs at my house. I like them, okay?

Anyway, I drop my bag on the couch and walk to the kitchen, getting a snack. After that, I skip to my room and decide to watch some sort of new series.

A while later, I hear a familiar voice outside my window. I stand up, walking to the window and opening the curtains I see Kirishima waving to someone. Looks like his dad. Must be nice. I open the window and shout for him. We just say hello to each other and he goes away with business. Such a man. Although, it looked like he was nervous seeing me. That's... strange, isn't it? But I keep it to myself. I shrug it off and continue watching the series.

~Later~

It's 2 frikin' A.m.

I can't sleep, tomorrow is an important day and I need to get my sleep. But noooooo, the god damn series had to keep me up. God damn it...

I decide to.... go for a walk. Why not? I put on some warmer clothes and walk out. I admire the night sky and how the stars color it, the cool air chilling my cheeks to redness. I didn't bring my music so all I hear are my footsteps, constant and symmetrical. I start humming to myself, a song that my mother sang to me when she was still... you know...

That song always made me happy, I don't know why I needed happiness right now, but I guess I'm just doing this now. The song coming to an end I notice that I do not recognize this street. As much as I can see I don't know where I am. Shit. I check to see my phone. Dead. By the corner of my eye I spot someone running on the other side of the road. Who could be up at this hour??? I continue to stare at that person until I notice the familiar facial features that are too easy to recognize for me. I speed up my pace, starting to run across the road to meet him.

"Bakugou!" I shout. He instantly turns to me and slows down, coming to a full stop. I fully run across to him and give him a warm hug. Bakugous figure stiffens, but then relaxes after realising it was me.

Since when did I become so attached?

I start shaking and he puts a hand on my back, as wet tears run down my cheeks.

"What is wrong with you??" He asks loudly. I raise my head up while Bakugou starts to grow weary of what might happen.

I look at him with reddened eyes. "I'm so happy you're okay!" My sweet and cracked voice says. "What are you doing here so early and why aren't you in the hospital?" I ask him nicely, whiping out my (High pitched/deep) voice.

"None of your business, doll face." he says harshly.

'Did he just call me doll face??? Shouldn't that be, like, a compliment?'

I pout at his attitude and just cross my arms, realizing how cold it really got. And this boy right here is just wearing a t-shirt. A GOD DAMN T-SHIRT. And after realising that I just hugged a very muscular boy who always looks good, made me nervous. Also, Me, being the helpful and caring friend that I am, I hand him my (F/c) jacket. He hesitantly looks at it, then back at me.

"I don't need your smelly jacket." he stated bluntly. I roll my eyes at him.

"Just take the god damn jacket, Kacch-"at that moment, I realized... I really fucked up. I shouldn't have said that. He widens his eyes which, by the way, are filled with annoyance and roughly takes the jacket out of my hands.

"If it makes you stop calling me that." he says. I blush a bit, the fact that he didn't yell at me for a mistake like that made my heart flutter. Other than that, or he didn't yell because it's 2 a.m. for crying out loud! He puts it on and looks back at me, his crimson hues looking at me like a predator eying his pray. "Won't you be cold?"

"Whoa are you showing signs of worry??" I ask, sarcastically. Bakugou scrunches his nose and rolls his eyes, a bit more annoyed. Then, starts jogging away from me. "H-hey! Where are you going??" I stutter a bit at the start, feeling confusion run through me.

"You're interrupting my morning jog." He says just loud enough for me to hear.

Who runs a jog at 2 a.m.???

I run after him, my feet hitting the concrete hard and at a fast pace, I jog with him.

"U-um.. Bakugou?" I ask, panting a bit from trying to keep up with his fast pace. He turns his eyes to me, fixating on my tired figure.

"What do you want, fat cheeks?" I am seriously too tired to argue with this 'explosive' asshole, who apparently looks like he binge watched My Little Pony for the past decade and now has anger issues about the fact that everything is revolved around friendship and friends and he has no friends. Sorry, that was a mouth full.

"I *pant* don't really know how to *pant* get back to my house and *pant* my phone is dead." I say in between pants (If you hadn't noticed). He just turns away and speeds up, running to the direction of a playground. I start to slow down and watch his muscular figure jog to one of the monkey bars and he starts doing pull-ups. I sit on the swings and swing myself a bit, humming the melody of the song I hummed earlier. Then stop for a second. "Would you be kind enough to take me back home?" I ask kindly. He stops for a second and hums a ,,ok" or ,,yes". Surprisingly. I just stay quiet, I don't want to ruin his 'very important' morning jog. I then continue to hum the tune and turn to look at the sky, the stars look as if they got brighter. Bakugou lets out groans of pain, maybe? He has been doing pull-ups for a while now.

"Can you stop humming for crying out loud?!" he screams at me. I guess this is a better place to scream since there are less homes around this playground. I stop humming and just swing on the swings, kicking some small rocks that surrounded the small territory.

'Why is he always so pissed?'

"Bakugou..?" I ask him again. He stops doing pull-ups and slowly starts walking towards me. I tense up, thinking of the worst case scenario that can come from this. Bakugou sits beside me on the second swing and looks at his lap, sweat dripping from his forehead.

"What?" he asks, swinging slightly on his swing and uses a slightly nicer tone. I smile to myself. What a great start. And prepare for the worst.

"Is it okay if... I call you by your first name..? I'm just curious.." I ask, uncertain of the outcome. He stops his weak swinging and looks at me. I look back at him and I think I saw a faint smile on his face (???!!!). We just stare into each others eyes for who knows how long. It feels as if time stopped. His crimson hues examining mine very carefully. Katsuki then turns his eyes away, showing that I've won the staring contest. He isn't replying. "Okay then... If you wont answer the first question then let me ask you this... are you okay?" I add. At that moment, he darts his head quickly towards mine, his face showing confusion. "After the... injuries, I mean." I then squeeze my lips shut. I don't want to continue this conversation anymore. I just want to go home.

"I'm stronger than you think, (Y/n)." he says. I ,then, widen my eyes in surprise that he addressed me with my first name and to be honest... I'm confused a bit that he isn't that mad at me for completely destroying him like that. I look at my lap, trying to keep the tears out of this.

Why do I even want to cry? Why am I starting to feel weird around this boy? How did I lose my composure like that?

I wipe them away and sniff, the cool air, it chilling my arms, I rub them with my hands, trying to keep them warm. Katsuki notices this and stands up, taking off my jacket off of his arms and reaching it out to me. I jerk my head up and look at him, the moon shining behind him and at the same time enhancing his sharper features.

"You can call me Katsuki."