83. Confession (Final chapter)

Start from the beginning

First, you waited. Yu was the only one left outside, thanking the driver for getting everyone home safely. The older woman smiled back and sent the blonde a wave before getting into the van and driving off. Next, you waited for her to get inside and go upstairs to put away her stuff. As she walked up the stairs, you turned to Kuro.

"There's some money on my dresser, do you think you can grab it for me?" you ask. He nodded and disappeared without a word. This gave you the chance to enter the living room without being questioned by Yu about what you were gonna ask.

"Mother," you called. She turned her head, lifting it off Aizawa's shoulder.

"Yes, sweetheart?" You hesitated before speaking, worried that she would deny your request.

"Would it be alright if I went to the store?" you ask. She nodded happily.

"Of course, do whatever you want, honey. Just make sure not to come home too late, okay?" You hummed in response. Walking in her and leaning over the couch to place a kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you." She was taken back by your sudden affection and watched as you turned, beginning to walk to the door.

Kuro met you in the kitchen, holding the money out to you. Taking it, you shoved it into your pocket and began walking toward the front door. The sound of footsteps made you panic as Yu descended from the top of the staircase. Ducking behind a book case in the hallway, you watched as she headed towards the wash house, most likely going to do her laundry. Once she was out of sight, you continued towards the door. Quietly opening it, you slipped out.

"Was all that necessary?" Kuro asked in a bored tone. Glaring up at him, you nodded.

"Yes it was, if Yu knew that I was leaving the house she would know I was going to confess. I don't have time to be embarrassed, I just want to get this over with." Kuro sighed, his eyes drifting to the house across the street.

"I'll go for a bit and leave you too it, call out if you need anything," he said nonchalantly before disappearing. Before he was gone, you caught one second of his signature smirk. When he was being so nice and cooperative you forgot how much he teased you.

Standing in front of your house, staring across the street, you took a deep breath as well as a step forward. You didn't have the time or patience to put this off any longer, it was getting very frustrating.

Your steps began to quicken as you built confidence. And before you knew it, you were standing right in front of the Shinso's door. Taking a deep breath, you pressed the door bell and took a step back.

You waited...

And waited...

And waited some more...

Now you were beyond nervous, but decided to do it again. Pressing the door bell once more, you took another breath. This time you waited twice as long.

"I don't think they're home, hun." You jumped in fright, spinning around to see Yu standing behind you with a wide smile.

"Planning on confessing?" she teases. Your cheeks tinted pink, at this point you blushed whenever you thought about confessing. This wasn't something that you normally did, it was only when it concerned Hitoshi. Shyly nodding, you received a pat on the head.

"Don't worry about it right now, just go for a walk and let off some steam. I'll text you when they come back," she assures, beginning to walk back to your house. Once she was gone, you let out a sigh of relief and covered your heated face.