chapter twenty-six

Jimin was at home with his mom who was getting worse by the days. Yesterday was a day he wished never happened. Today Yoongi was at his house, cleaning as he was supposed to. Tomorrow he hoped it would pass so he could just forget about it completely.

His mom was worried for how.. bland Jimin's face looked. Jimin told her he was just a bit sad that he couldn't do anything to help her, which wasn't a lie.

Yoongi was now upstairs, cleaning the bathroom again, he ran into Jimin who had just left his room. Yoongi's pauses what he was doing, standing in front of Jimin.

"Excuse me Mr. Min. I have to pass." Jimin mumbled and looked past Yoongi.

"Mr. Min? What are we, five? Listen to me. Let me explain." Yoongi sighed and held Jimin's Ames when he tried to brush past Yoongi. "Jimin.. c'mon. It was something small. Sure, she thought I was in a relationship with her.. but I wasn't.. you know I couldn't do that."

"Let me go.." Jimin looked up and tried to put on a smile. He wished it would just go away. His feelings always got in the way. "I got in the way anyways."

"No." Yoongi tightened his grip on Jimin, pushing him back into the room. He locked the door and leaned back on the door. Jimin tried to wipe his eyes but Yoongi wouldn't let go. "Jimin. Listen to me."

"N-No stop. I don't want to..." Jimin let out like a shaky breath and looked down.

Yoongi was frustrated at how childish the past two days were. Jennie shouldn't have acted like that. He should've handled things better and cleared up the fact him and Jennie were never that close. "Jimin..."

Jimin grumbled and tried to get out of Yoongi's hold. "Jimin." Yoongi repeated to get the younger's attention but failed again. Yoongi pushed back Jimin onto his bed. He looked down to the boy who sat on the bed. He let go and hugged Jimin. Jimin continued to try and punch or push Yoongi away. He stained Yoongi's shirt with the tears that just came out. "No more. You know I love you. You think I'd wait all these years for someone who I don't love..? You can be mad at me, hit me, yell at me, push me away. But I'm still gonna be right here. Waiting for you."

"S-Stop.."

"No.. cause you know how much I want to stay at home all day and cuddle with you. And laugh with you. And talk to you. Just spending time with you makes me feel better.." Yoongi continued to talk, realizing how Jimin was relaxing more. Crying was exhausting. "Are you done being mad at me?" He asked and Jimin nodded into his chest. "Now. Let's go downstairs. And tell Mrs. Park how much I love you." Yoongi smiled when he could feel Jimin nod his head again.

Jimin wasn't entirely fine. But. He also had no right to be mad. It was small. But of course he was a sensitive bean who took everything to the heart. Yoongi held his hand, bringing him downstairs. The boys sat on the floor in front of the sick woman, and they talked. They wen ton and on about the first time Yoongi officially met Jimin and how long he's waited. Jimin took detours on the story to tell his mom how much Yoongi waited for him and all the fun times they had. His mom only smiled and nodded. When it was over Mrs. Park patted Yoongi's hand.

"Take good care of him. He's a sensitive little boy. He can't do anything alone."

"I can too!" Jimin huffed.

"You almost burnt down the kitchen making cereal, Jimin" His mom chuckled weakly before coughing after her words. "Don't let your dad win. Ever. Do you understand me Jimin. I want you to have the house. Live in it. Remember when everything was great and all the wonderful things that happened in this house. Cause when I'm gone.."

"You won't be gone mom. Don't be silly.." Jimin smiled but it faded immediately when his mom held his hand. "Right.."

His mom only shook her head no. "Things happen Jimin. Life's not a fairytale. Not everyone gets a happy ending. Life's difficult. You meet people you belong in your life and you meet others who, and excuse my language, are a pain in the ass. and you go with it. Because you are a strong boy Jimin."