chapter one

Yoongi sat there. His feet scrapping the rubber on the ground. It was dark. His eyes glued to the rose bush outside of an apartment close to the park. There he was. The now blonde hair boy that came out everyday on the same time everyday as he watered and cared for the rose bush.

Yoongi tilted his head slightly as he laid his head on the chain of the swing, it was cold. He smiled faintly. His earbuds playing the soft piano keys, his fingers tapping the rhythm on his lap.

"Jimin. I need you inside" A mothers voice was heard through his earbuds. Jimin? Must be the boy with the roses.

"Yes ma'am" Jimin stood up and brushed off his jeans, making brief eye contact with Yoongi.

Yoongi looked down to his feet quickly, his cheeks a soft pink from embarrassment. He shouldn't have been staring.

Jimin was heard giggling before it sounded like he had walked back inside.

Yoongi stood up with a soft groan. He fixed his black hat and his sweater. He was humming a tune, the same tune he'd been listening to on repeat. A pianist. A child. A boy that gave up a long time ago. That's what Yoongi was. He had a dream since he was five. Fifteen years past and the dream had wilted and died. Like a mistreated and beaten rose.

All that was left was a piano. A rusted, busted and blue- despite its black color- piano. Rarely touched. Every time Yoongi's fingers would even graze the keys a sudden wave of sadness would rush over him and leave him to drown and cry for help, knowing it was pointless.

Yoongi passed by the bush of roses. Yoongi gently caressed one of the many beautiful petals in between the pad of his thumbs. A simple yet content smile on his face.

Jimin would peak through since he had to finish watering them but by the time he was fully out and had a sentence planned to say to Yoongi, Yoongi was already halfway down the sidewalk as he continued to hum the same tune.

Yoongi was in his own little word. His music. He was focused on it. Not hearing a word anyone said now. It was just the repetitive piano tune. He wished to play it one day with someone, but he couldn't pull himself to do it.

Yoongi walked into the apartment, walking up the narrow stairs to the third floor. Usually he'd take the elevator, but he'd just wanna listen to the tune longer.

He'd unlock the door and walked into the room. The darkened room. A living room. Which was ironic despite it's lack of life itself. The only lights in the living room were golden white fairly lights all along the walls, making the black piano stand out.

A nice palatial apartment. A bathroom, a living room, and a decently sized bedroom. It was very nice. Yoongi paid for it. He'd work two jobs on the weekends, sometimes Friday, and a housekeeper on Wednesday.  Sometimes on Tuesday he'd teach people the piano.

Yoongi was never a social person. Go in, get it done, get the money, go home to isolation. He had boundaries.

A border. A limit. A precinct.

He did what he needed, not what he wanted. The piano fell in between that forsaken middle. The grey to his black and white world.

He made decent money because he worked hard. He sat on the black couch, still humming the tune. His eyes glued to the piano keys as he hummed the tune.

"Maybe I should give it another try? No no. Let's not."

Yoongi turned and faced the couch cushions, finally playing different music to sleep. He just closed his eyes he knew he wouldn't be able to get much sleep today.

Today was a Wednesday. He was going to a new house to watch today. He'd have maybe just fifteen minutes to sleep.

That's a lie.

He wasn't going to sleep. He couldn't. He sat up and stretched, getting dressed. His grim ripped jeans and his light blue sweater.

He grabbed his house keys and walked out to the sidewalk, taking the elevator down this time. Yoongi let the different tunes and melodies play in his buds, yet all he could remember was the piano's tune.

A new house to watch, but the area oddly familiar. There it was. The unoccupied park and the alluring rose bush, dancing softly in the slight breeze. Dancing with such ease. Such elegance.

He stood in front of the generous and somber toned door he once saw the boy walk out and in of. Out and in. Out and water the roses and in. Out and in. He always had a smile on his face when he would walk. Almost like he was dancing to an endless and silent tune from the world.

Yoongi's hand falteringly raised to knock on the door, his earbuds falling out. His heart was dancing, twirling, jumping around completely when Jimin had looked at him. The door no longer a barrier.

Today was the day Min Yoongi took a small step over his boundaries.