Levi X reader Part 2: Smile

An: well apparently I'm horrible because I gave you a cliff hanger lol x) so part 2

You looked up at the tall man shocked, and with disbelief.

" w-what...why.." You managed to choke out.

Bereholdt stood up and grabbed your shoulders.

" please ____ you don't understand, you'll never understand." He whispered.

You choked back your tears trying to keep a straight face. You looked down at the floor pushing your (h/c) hair in front of your face.

" what don't i understand?" You managed to say without a quivering voice.

" your amazing! You really are but I think its best we are not together, but I would still love to be your friend." Bereholdt explained.

Your chinned up and placed a wide smile on your face.

" it's cool! I mean..w-where still friends right?!"

Bereholdt smiled and nodded.

" yeah.... Friends."

You both stood there completely silent until you felt your cheeks and nose began to burn and you felt the small tears streaming down your cheek.

" WELL! I got to go bye...." You lied and ran off before he can see you crying.

You slammed the door hut forcing your tears to stop but didn't. You began walking faster not looking up ahead of you until your body hit something and ya fell over. You opened your eyes to see Levi his face covered in your tears.

"Cadet, why are you crying." Levi demanded ignoring the fact you were on top of him.

You looked away and quickly got off forcing a smile on your face.

" Well i-it turns out i-I'm scared for tomorrow!" You lied.

Levi glared at you for a slight moment but brushed it off.

" I hope your not lying ms. (L/n)... Or mrs. "

You choked a little and walked away.

NEXT DAY

It was the day you Levi, and the the others were going off to the expedition. You rode on your horse looking tired and ill. Levi looked at you and back ahead of him.

" you look awful." Levi declared.

You squinted down and sighed.

" didn't get much sleep...." You replied.

Once the walls were opened Erwin commanded all of you to move forward. You did so silently, usually you would shout something idiotic and smile, but today you were emotionless and slow. For a while now all you guys did was ride around. Levi rode closer to you but you paid no attention.

" why so down?" He asked stoically.

You shook your head in response.

" I'm not sir...just ti..."

" Shut up ____! I didn't want to tell you but I heard your conversation with that other stupid cadet. And quite frankly he is an idiot anyone would be lucky enough to have you."

Levi leaned closer and wiped away your excessive tears.

" c-captain i."

" ____ I have always loved you.."

" WE HAVE AN ABNORMAL !" Erwin yelled.

A titan came running pass you and towards Levi. Levi quickly looked up and prepared himself. The titans grasp was not for Levi but you... Rivialle messed up. You didn't have your maneuver gear on properly and you first option was to jump off your horse. You did so hitting your knees against the ground.

" Ahh!" Before you knew it both legs were broken.

Levi looked down at you when a regular 5meter titan was walking toward. You.

Hanji and Erwin were to busy with other titans on board.

You looked up and tried to crawl away but right when his hands were just inches from you Levi swooped in and slashed his neck. You look to your side to see the other titan dead.

" Levi! Thanks so....."

Levi was on the floor with his arm and legs bitten off.

".....LEVI!!! " Hanji limped to both of you trying to reach Levi.

You crawled over him and began trying to shut his wounds.

" l-Levi....y-your ...." You felt hot tears roll down your cheeks and the stench of blood filled your nostrils.

" ____..... Your ok..right."

You nodded as you desperately squeezed his wounds. You hiccuped began gripping your hair in frustration.

" ____ g-go to my office and into my desk...and don't forget to smile." Levi chuckled.

He his shut and you gripped him tightly shaking your head.

" no....no no no... Levi." You gritted your teeth. Levi laid there lifeless with a small yet beautiful smile on his face.

You screamed out loud refusing to let go of him having commander Erwin pry you off.

_____________________

It has Been just 2 days and you had to stroll around a wheel chair. Bereholdt was already crying over your safety but after the incident with Levi... You lost all emotion towards him.

" ____g-go into my office and into my desk...and don't forget to smile." His words repeated in your head

You strolled into his office and did what you were told.. All of the them were locked except one. You slowly opened it to find a small little box. There was a small note on it.

" ____ you brat... I wanted to give this to you when you realize I'm the only one that will ever.. And forever be there...love your captain Rivialle."

You had a small smile with trapped tears in your eyes.

The small box flipped open and it revealed a ring, it was small but very shiny and thoughtful.

Something was carved into it.

" Smile my love"