Hope is Dangerous

"Dean!" Charlie screams.

She runs to him trying to find where the bullet hit him. His dirty white shirt slowly starts to turn a deep red near his left shoulder. He opens his eyes slightly looking at Charlie. She begins to cry again ripping a big chunk off his shirt. She then tightly wraps it around his shoulder. She then just take off her flannel and ties that also around his shoulder.

"Can we please leave? We will leave you alone." Charlie says sobbing.

"Yes, your stuff is in front of the buildings." Crowley says walking away with his men.

As we walk to the front of the building Cass is leaning on me and a dazed Dean is leaning on Charlie. We get to the front of the buildings we're all of our bags are there.

"Hey Keigen? Can you carry mine?" Cass asks as we approach the bags.

"No you're not helpless." I say rolling my eyes, he just laughs and leans down carefully grabbing his stuff.

I grab mine and wait for Dean and Charlie. As they pick up the stuff we hurry down the road. If the dead are around they will spell our blood and come running. We hurry and make it out of town in less than ten minutes. We walk down a road surrounded by woodland. We decide to stop once we are about a mile outside of town. We all sit down exhaling from the pain. I sit next to Cass on the side of the road and begin to unwrap my feet. I bite my lower lip and look up at the cloudy sky as I do the other foot.

I look down at my burned and cut feet and cringe at the skin. I look through my bag and find my shoes. I also grab some toilet paper to use for possible cushion. I grab a water bottle and open it carefully not to hurt my scuffed up palms. I slowly pour it over my left foot. I bite my exposed left arm as I pour the water on my right foot. I dry it carefully then wrap them back up and put my feet in my shoes not tied them. I tighten them as much as I can without hurting my feet then knot the strings to avoid any accidents.

I look at Cass who had done the same and is now cleaning a cut on his chest. I look over at Dean who is lying in the ground a few feet away from me. Charlie begins to clean the bullet wound. She then begins to try to get the bullet out of the pale sweaty Dean. I walk over to them and sit next to Dean on the other side. I pick up his wrapped hand and begin to unwrap it. After unwrapping I reveal his hand which has a hole in it through the palm. I pick up my water which I carried over here and pour it carefully in his wound.

"Damnit!" He yells as me and Charlie help his injuries.

"I'm sorry, but I got the bullet." Charlie says sweat dripping from her forehead.

"Okay clean it again then wrap it up." Dean says slurring his words trying not to pass out.

"I hope these don't get infected. Or any of our injuries for that." I say while wrapping Deans hand back up.

"Yea, if our wounds don't heal right and get infected then we're screwed." Cass says wiping sweat of his forehead.

Everyone goes silent for a moment. We soon decide to keep on walking so we walk. In the blazing sun we all are sweating and hobbling like the dead. We kind of even smell like them, I scrunch my nose at the smell of body oder. We continue to be surrounded by woods until right before the sun sets the road lets out into a field.

We continue walking in the dark not wanting to fall asleep. The next morning we are all very tired. The first one to drop is Dean in the middle of the road. Then Charlie, then Cass. I take it upon myself to roll everyone off the road into the dirt and try to stay awake for the sake of my friends. As I sit in the hot sun I look at my skin. The exposed skin that is usually covered in duck tap. It's red clearly burnt. I know I should be worried about skin cancer but honestly will I live long enough to even experience the effects of it.

I try to think more to keep me awake but come up empty handed. My brain is to tired to think I'm just wearing myself out even more. Soon enough I drift off to sleep.

I'm on the ground. It's dark now and I look over to where I had rolled Cass over to.

He's gone.

And so is Charlie and Dean.

I stand up slowly realizing I'm still in Deans flannel but with no pants or shoes on. Just underwear and a bra underneath the shirt. I look at my feet with are perfectly healed and so is the rest of my body from scrapes and bruises. I look around trying to see in the dark. But it's pitch black now. I can't even see the ground.

I try and call out for my friends but nothing comes out. I realize my hair is longer like it was before the apocalypse. I remember I had cut it because of the dangers of long hair. My bouncy long black curls fall over my shoulders and for a moment I miss them.

CRASH!!!

I whip my head around and see Dean. He is in the ground a little ways away.

"Dean?!" I call to him.

I begin to run and reach him in seconds. I roll him over onto his back and he opens his eyes. He looks at me and smiles. He sits up on an elbow and smirks at me. I look at him confused. He leans closer pressing his lips against mine. For some strange reason I kiss back. There is a loud whoosh and I open my eyes and I'm in the woods somewhere hot. I looks at Dean who is dead on the ground.

"Holy fuck!" I yell and back away.

"Keigen this is all your fault how could you!" Charlie screams sobbing next to me.

Again another whoosh it's black again and I look around.

BANG!!!

I turn and see Charlie who has just killed a z. I walk over to her and she smiles at me.

"Hey." She says stepping closer to me.

"Hi." I say back my mind fuzzy.

She steps even closer and presses her lips against mine. I kiss her back and smile. I open my eyes, another whoosh. We are in a building and Charlie is dead on the ground. Dean frustrated while crying is pacing.

"I told you to watch her Keigen. Her leg was broken she had no chance getting away from that z." Dean says then punches a wall.

He looks at me furious. I back away as he storms towards me.

WHOOSH!

Once again the dark.

BOOM!

I turn around and see Cass who has just knocked out a a man. I run towards him tears running down my face. He opens his arms for me to run into. As I slow as I run into him. He hugs me then pulls away lookin at my eyes. I feel dazed as he leans down and kisses me passionately. Another whoosh. I open my eyes Cass leaning against the wall.

Dead.

A knife in his chest. I look around for a frustrated or crying person but I There is nobody.

I'm alone.

"Cass?" I ask nearing him a tear sliding down my cheek.

He's dead.