Escape

We run up three more stories and run into Sam. As soon as we make eye contact I know it's all over.

"Oh, hey Keigen, Cass? What are you guys doing?" He says looking at us furrowing his eyebrows but smiling.

"We were just going to get some fresh air." Cass says quickly, breathing heavy. I close my eyes already accepting arriving defeat.

"Oh okay, we have training in an hour. Don't miss it." He says smiling and waves walking off. I open my eyes looking over at Cass.

"Somethings not right." I say to him quietly.

"Yea, that was a little odd how easy that was." He says looking at Sam's retreating back.

"Let's go." I say to him and we keep walking we eventually arrive at the large metal doors. I try pulling but realize they are sliding doors. Cass chuckles, I give him a irritated look and he stops. I slide the doors open to see the sun rising over mountains.

I look at my surroundings notice about a hundred zombies chained up all looking our way. I look at my arm realizing I didn't wrap my shins or forearms in duct tape. We close the sliding doors and look at the building from the outside. All of it must be underground because the building isn't very large and it looks to be one story tall. The building is surrounded by zombies and a fence around them. I look beyond the fences at the mountains and forest.

"I think we are in Colorado." I say looking over at Cass.

"Yea I think so too."

"What are we going to do. This place is surrounded and if you haven't noticed there are guards around the perimeter too."

"The perimeter, that's it!" I say excitedly.

"What?"

"Follow my lead." He doesn't answer me but follows me anyway.

We weave through the chained up chained up zombies watching each other's backs. We get to the gate and see a guard at a wooden post at the top of the fence.

"What can I do for you?" He asks looking me up and down.

"Sam sent us out to scout the perimeter." I say pulling out my best acting skills.

"Yea? Then why didn't I hear anything about it?"

"I don't know, don't ask me. Isn't that your job to know these things?" I ask acting annoyed.

"Sam would have told me."

"Well that's not my problem. If you want to take it up with Sam, I would be more and happy waiting for you here while you go waste time trying to find him to hear the same words that cane out of my mouth." I say folding my arms. I gives a moment of thought and starts to open the gate.

"Thank you." I say smiling and Cass follows behind me.

"I can't believe that worked." Cass says behind me excited.

"Yea keep quiet and don't blow it."

"We should walk around back so they don't see us leave."

"You're right, pretend like you're doing something." I say as we walk around the tall metal fence. As we make our way around back I hear movement. I hold up my hand signaling for Cass to stop. He gives me a strange look, listening. I continue to walk but stealthier. We get to the back fence surprised with seven guns pointed at us. One of the men pointing a gun at us is Sam.

"So I see you guys were trying to escape." He says smiling but obviously irritated.

"We weren't-" Cass starts to speak but I cut him off.