The Short Scottish Man

Keigen's POV

I wake up to the sound of voices. I lift my head and open my eyes. Next to me is Cass. The memories from last night hit me like a splash of ice cold water. I look at him and he is still asleep. His beautiful angelic like face. He has his arm around my waist which I carefully move off of me. I quietly get off the bed and head out into the hallway. I walk into the living  room to see Charlie packing up her things. I look to Dean who is still asleep.

"Who were you talking to?" I ask her eyeing her.

"Oh, hey Keigen. I was talking to Dean but he fell back asleep. For the third time." She says clearly irritated.

"Oh, well I'll go ahead and pack up my things too." I say walking over to my empty sleeping bag.

I roll it up and put it in my bag carefully organizing everything so it fits. I pull a couple tampons out of my bag and run to what used to be a bathroom in the small house. I put it in and go to the bathroom quickly. I walk back into the living room with a tampon still in hand.

"Oh, I hate when that happens." Charlie says pointing to the tampon in my hand.

"What do you mean?" I ask slightly confused.

"Periods. They are very irritating especially during this time." She says rolling her eyes and zipping up her bag.

"Oh, yea. It is pretty annoying. I guess guys are lucky on that part." I say smirking.

She laughs and stands up and walks towards me.

"So, I'm guessing you and Cass are a thing then?" She says giving me eyebrows.

"I don't understand what you are referring to." I say knowing exactly what she is talking about.

"Oh come on! You and Cass consistently look at each other and not just look at each other I mean look at each other. Obviously you did something last night since you woke up in the same bed as him. He is always trying to protect you even though it's very subtle and he knows you don't need protection. And you like him. I can tell, from girl to girl." She says smiling.

I think about it and agree with her.

"Yea, I guess you are right. But don't tell him."

"I think he already knows." She says laughing.

"Come on Charlie. Let's wake up the boys." I say punching her shoulder lightly.

I walk to the back room where I had slept and open the door quietly. I look at Cass who is sleeping peacefully. It almost makes me not want to wake him up. I think to myself as I crouch down and look at him.

"Hey, Cass." I say shaking his hand lightly.

He shifts on the mattress groaning.

"Novak wake up." I say a little louder, standing up I shake his shoulder.

He opens his eyes and looks up at me.

"What?" He asks while rubbing his eyes.

"Wake up. We need to get on the road." I say and walk out of the room.

As I walk into the hallway I hear a loud boom. I run into the living room to see Dean in the floor groaning and Charlie snickering beside him.

"What is going on in here?" I ask looking at the groaning man on the ground.

"Well I tried waking him up nicely but he wouldn't get up. So, one thing led to another and I pulled him off the couch. Thus leading to him on the ground." She says smiling at her older brother.

"Damnit Charlie." Dean says getting up off the ground.

"Well maybe you should get up when I tell you to." She says putting hands on her hips.

"Whatever." Dean says and sighs, beginning to pack his things.

"What happened in here? I heard the loud thump." Cass says walking into the room.

"Charlie woke up Dean." I say and walk over to my bag and pull out a grey tank top.

"Huh." He says and looks at the irritated Dean.

I pull off my black one and pull on the grey one. I shove the black one into my bag and look up to see Cass looking at me. I smirk to myself and pick my bag up and sling it over my shoulder. We all grab our things and leave the house. We walk onto the street and I pull out my map.

"We are continuing on this main road for awhile then eventually turn onto another highway." I say as we begin walking through the ghost town. The four lane road is completely absent of cars and dead. As we walk something feels a little off. Dean looks behind us and turns to me.

"Did you see that?" He asks turning back around. I look at the man next to me confused then look behind us.

"I don't see anything." I say and turn to Cass who is next to me who is also confused.

Charlie turns and jumps bumping into Dean. I turn to look to see what she jumped at and see nothing again.

"What?" Cass asks looking at Charlie.

"I thought I saw somebody." She says uneasy.

We all fall quiet and stop in our tracks. We all look around frantically. Just then in front of me on the right side of the road I see something run behind a house. I pull out my machete and straighten up.

"What the hell." I whisper under my breath.

"Walk faster." Cass says pushing me along with Dean and Charlie following.

Cass puts an arm around my waist holding me close. I kind of tug away and he lets go and gives me a strange look. I look at Dean who has a arm behind Charlie but not touching her. But protection her. She looks at him scared and he keeps a straight face. His face darks as he sees another figure run behind another building. Just then a man walks into the street in front of us. He is kind short and is slightly balding. He has dark brown hair and a suit. He glares at us and snaps. Suddenly multiple people come out of hiding. From behind trees, bushes, buildings, etc. Cass puts an arm out in front of me attempting to protect.

"Hello, you seem to be trespassing." The short man says in an accent I can't quite put my finger on.

"What do you mean?" Dean says from behind us pulling out his knife.

"You are in my town. And you need to leave. Now." The man says and that's when I realize he has a Scottish accent.

"Look we are just passing through." I say stepping out from behind Cass's arm.

"Oh really now?" He says snaps his fingers again.

Suddenly everyone runs towards us. I grip my machete tight. Somebody with a large amount of force grabs it and throws it away from me. As the group of people grab at us, a few punching and kicking, they forcefully separate us as the beat on us. As I look for where Cass, Charlie, or Dean is I feel a sharp pain in my neck.

I feel my neck to feel a needle protruding from my neck. I pull the needle out and throw a punch at the nearest person. My vision blurs for a second but I shake my head and it's fine again. Somebody then kicks me in the stomach. I fall to my knees and grip my stomach hunched over. Another person kicks me and I start to feel drowsy. I look up and all I see is a fist flying towards my face. I feel a sharp pain and then see stars passing out