Chapter 26: Just the two of us

I hadn't slept very well because I was in a lot of pain from my shoulder. I needed help from my mom to help me get into the shower.

I quietly went towards her room and slowly opened the door. She was still in bed. I didn't want to wake her up incase she got mad at me. I gently tapped her shoulder. She moved her head slighty before opening her eyes.

"Hi mom." I say

"Hi Chloe." she say

I give her a genuine smile.

"What's wrong?" she asks

"Um... I was wondering if I could have some help with my shoulder. I was going to take a shower." I say

"Of course sweetie." she says

She rolls out of her queen sized bed and makes the bed before guiding me out of the room. She puts a bag over my sling to make sure it didn't get wet. I thanked her and then she left the room. I took off my clothes and got ready. It was really hard to take off a shirt with one hand. I got in the shower and turned on the hot water. After I was finished my shower, I stepped out and got my clothes for the day. I changed, dried my hair and applied some makeup before heading downstairs.

I saw my mom downstairs sitting at the table. She was writing an article and drinking a cup of coffee. She looked up and saw me.

"Hi Chlo." she says

"Hi. Thanks for the help." I say

"Anytime darling." she says

I walk over to the fridge and get some juice. I bring it over to the counter and get out a cup. After I'm done pouring the juice, I put it back in the fridge.

"Are you alright?" she asks

"Yea, why?" I ask

"Just making sure." she says

"Ok." I say

She comes up and gives me a hug.

"I love you Chloe." she says

"Love you too." I reply back

As my mom's hugging me, she accidently moves my arm and it causes me a lot of pain. I wince in pain. She immediately steps back.

"Whats wrong?" she asks

"My arm just is causing me a lot of pain right now." I say

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I'll take you upstairs." she says while leading me towards the stairs. Once we get up, she opens the door for me and helps me over to my bed.

"Can I invite Caleb over for a little bit?" I ask

"Sure." she says

"Thanks." I say

She gives me a smile and tucks me in bed.

"Just call me if you need anything." she says

"I will." I say

She then exits the room. I pull out my phone and text Caleb.

Chloe: hey! wanna come over?

Caleb: sure, what time?

Chloe: anytime! i missed u ♥

Caleb: ok. i missed you too ♥

Chloe: c u soon ♥♥

Caleb: ♥♥

I put my phone down and layed my head down on the pillow. I missed Caleb so much!

A couple hours later, the door bell rang. My mom answered the door and I got out of bed. I walked downstairs to see who it was. It was Caleb. I immediately ran towards him and gave him a hug. He leaned in for a kiss and I kissed back.

"I missed you baby." I say

"Missed you too babe." he says giving me another kiss.

I turn around and see that my mom was watching the whole time. Awkward.

I quickly guide Caleb out of the room and we laugh.

"Whatcha wanna do?" I ask

"Movie?" he suggests

"Perfect!" I say

We walk into the living room and I turn on the tv. Caleb sits on the couch and I sit next to him after I put the movie in the dvd player. I cuddle into him and he puts his arm around me. We watch the movie for a little bit before I get hungry. I pause the movie and go to get some food.

We eat the food quickly before returning to the movie. After the movies finished, Caleb tells me that he has to get back. I say goodbye and thank him for coming.

After he's gone, I head upstairs and go into my room. It was pretty late so I decided to go to bed early. Tomorrow I would have to go back to the Erudite compound.

My mom came in before I was going to sleep and said goodnight. I fell asleep right away.

---------------------------------------------
hey guys!! sorry I haven't been posting in a couple days because I've been so busy with school already! I'll try and update as often as I can! ♥♥