Chapter 22: Special Day

I woke up to someone shaking me. I open my eyes and see my mother above me. She was already dressed. I looked over at the clock and see it read 6:30 am. I groaned and pulled the covers back over my head.

"Come on Chloe. Were going to spend the whole day together." she says

I get up and roll out of bed. I'm still half asleep so I actually don't know what's going on.

"What are we doing today?" I ask my mother

"What ever you want." she says

I tell her I just need to get ready. My mother leaves my room and waits downstairs for me. I go to my closet and pick out my clothes. After I've changed, I go to the bathroom and brush my hair and teeth. I also apply some eyeliner and mascara. Once I'm done, I walk down the stairs and see my mother waiting for me.

"So, what do you want to do today?" she asks me

"Anythings fine." I say

"How about we go get some lunch and then head to the compound?" she asks

I simply nod and she leads me out the door. She closes an locks the door behind us. She had already called the driver and he opened the doors for us to get in. Our driver, Alexander, drove us to get some lunch.

Once we got to the compound, my mother and I went inside and walked towards the dining hall. She went to order the food while I found us a seat. Once she had gotten our food, she walked over to the table and placed the food on the table. We started eating our food and talking about the most random things. After we were done our lunch, we went to the compound. The dining hall was connected to the compound. It was for the people that lived at the compound, like Caleb. My mother had asked me to help her organize some things in her office.

After we were done, my mother called for the driver to come pick us up. I had asked my mom if I could invite Caleb for dinner and a movie. She said I could. I texted Caleb and told him that he could come over.

Chloe: Hey babe<3. Wanna come over for dinner and a movie?

Caleb replied seconds later.

Caleb: Sure! sounds gr8! <3

Chloe: meet me in the lobby!

Caleb: kk! See u in a few! missed you <3

Chloe: missed you too! <3

Caleb arrived minutes later. He greeted my mother and gave me a little peck on the lips. Alexander had just pulled up and we got in the car and drove home.

Once we had gotten home, my mother went to prepare dinner and Caleb and I went upstairs to my room. We talked until dinner was ready. My mother called us down once dinner was ready. She had prepared an array of different foods. After the delicious dinner, Caleb and I helped clean up. After everything was cleaned up, Caleb and I went to watch a movie. We watched a couple movies before Caleb had to go. I had called the driver and asked if he could bring Caleb back to the compound.

After Caleb had left, I went upstairs and got ready for bed. My mother walked in and sat on my bed.

"Did you have a good day?" she asked

"Ya, thanks mom." I said while embracing her in a hug

"You're welcome." she said hugging back

I slipped under the covers and my mother gave me a kiss on my forehead before turning out the lights. I fell asleep immediately.