Chapter 40: Stay With Me

When I woke up, I was still with Caleb in his bed at Factionless. He had his arm wrapped around me and the blanket was over top of the both of us. I smiled knowing that Caleb was still with me. I yawned and sat up slowly.

"Good morning lovlely." Caleb says as he sits up and kisses my head.

"Morning." I say.

"How'd you sleep?" Caleb asks softly.

"Better knowing I'm with you." I say softly with a smile.

Caleb smiles and gets out of bed. He gets me my crutches and helps me stand up.

"Thank you." I say softly.

"No problem babe." Caleb says.

He leads me out of his room and towards the dinning area. Once we arrive, he gets me some food and some food for himself as well. He brings it over to the table and he sits down. I was wearing some factionless clothes to blend in.

Caleb hands me my good and I smile. I start eating it right away. I know factionless are poor but damn, their food was good. I finished the food quickly and Caleb laughs at how fast I eat it. I just shrug and continue eating.

Once I was finished eating, Caleb took our dishes and brought them over to be washed. I waited for him at the table. He came to sit back down and kissed me softly on the lips.

Just then Evelyn walked up and sat I front of us, just staring at us. We both turned our heads to look at her with a confused face.

"Sorry for interrupting you." Evelyn says.

Caleb and I nod simply.

"I'm just curious as to why your here at Factionless when your Erudite. And considering your mother is Jeanine Matthews." Evelyn says.

"How do you know my mother is Jeanine Matthews?" I ask.

"It's not that hard to tell. You look exactly like her." Evelyn says.

I frown a little bit. I hated being compared to my mother.

"Anyways, I'm just wondering why your not at Erudite." Evelyn says.

"I just came to see Caleb." I say simply.

Evelyn smiles at us.

"Let me guess. You were both were in Erudite but then Caleb became Factionless. You couldn't stay away so you left without telling your mother and came to see Caleb again?" Evelyn says.

It's was really creepy actually. She was like a psychic.

I nod simply.

"Well, why don't you think about joining us here at Factionless?" Evelyn asked.

What was she thinking. Me, leave a faction to join people who got kicked out of their faction.

"No thank you. I'm not interested. "I say politely.

Evelyn smiles. "Just think about it." She says before walking away and leaving me and Caleb alone.

"Would you consider it?" Caleb asks.

"Consider what?" I ask.

"Joining Factionless. Chloe, it's not that bad. Trust me." Caleb says.

Was everyone crazy. Why would I leave.

Just then I hear someone call my name from behind.

"Chloe." The man says.