High on pain meds (Harry)

Start from the beginning

Harry doesn't answer his question at first, too busy opening his mouth wide in attempt to fit the cracker in even though it's completely unnecessary to open his mouth that wide. Then he turns to look at Louis again, cracker halfway to his mouth. "Who are you? What's your name?"

Louis raises his eyebrows before he remembers that Harry doesn't know who he is and most likely won't for the next hour. "I'm Louis," he answers slowly, letting it sink in and watching as Harry nods after a pause. "Now eat your cracker."

"Okay," Harry obliges before finally biting into the cracker. He makes a sour expression and Louis is glad that he thought to record this. After Harry finishes chewing, he looks back at Louis. "Did the doctor send you?"

Louis shakes his head, biting back a smile. "Not really, no."

That seems to confuse Harry who tilts his head, eyebrows furrowed. "Then are you the sexy doctor?"

Again Louis shakes his head, this time unable to help his smile as he answers, "No," before lightly patting Harry's hand again. "Come on Haz, you've got to eat."

There's a brief moment of silence before Harry says, "But I'd rather eat you," and Louis bursts into laughter, nearly dropping his phone.

"You're still horrible at pickup lines," Louis informs fondly once his laughter dies down. "Honestly, you might even be worse."

Harry pouts, muttering, "Heeeeey," before blinking suddenly. "Still? Do we know each other? I know the most beautiful man in the world? Really?"

"I think 'the most beautiful man in the world' might be exaggerating but yes, we know each other," Louis confirms, once again patting Harry's hand as a reminder.

Harry seems to take the hint because he takes another small bite of the cracker before asking his next question of, "Can we go on a date?"

Louis splutters in disbelief because Harry looks incredibly earnest, eyes wide and lips parted hopefully. When he's finally able to form a coherent sentence, Louis shakes his head and replies, "No, I'm sorry, I'm afraid we can't."

"Oh," Harry breathes, frowning and then suddenly the younger man is taking Louis' left hand is his own and staring at the ring on his fourth finger. "Are you married? That's not fair. Why do the fit men always have to be married? You're too gorgeous to be tied down."

Louis stares down at his ring and then briefly glances over at the tattoo on his right wrist before meeting Harry's eyes again. Ridiculously enough, he feels butterflies in his stomach when he nods. "Yes, I'm married," he says quietly before offering Harry his right wrist to show off his rope tattoo. "I rather like being tied down if I'm honest."

The look on Harry's face is incredibly despondent as he sighs deeply and lets of Louis' hand. "They must be the luckiest person in the world."

Deciding he's let this go on long enough, Louis takes a deep breath and lets out a watery chuckle as he says, "Not to sound full of myself but yeah, you kind of are."

It takes a moment for the words to sink before Harry gasps loudly and his mouth falls open. "I'm married to you? You're kidding! No way! But you're—you're—there's no way!" he exclaims in shock.

"I'm pretty positive," Louis replies, still holding the camera as he pats Harry's left wrist where the anchor tattoo is.

Louis is dangerously close to a mixture of laughter and tears now as he watches Harry do an incredulous double take. "Wow, I must really love you," Harry tells him, voice filled with awe. "That's permanent!"