FINAL

December 17 - strictly final.

DIANNE'S POV ~
This was it. I was in the final of Strictly Come Dancing once more.
I got up and ready early as we had to be at Elstree for 9. I put on some light makeup before finally getting Joe out of bed at 8. We rushed around frantically.
I got in the car with Tegan just as Scott Mills started to talk.

We arrived at the studios at ten to and I was rushed into makeup.

I'm so nervous. I know I've done this before, but something feels different to when I was with Joe.

I met up with my partner - Chris Hughes - in the studio. I gave him a pep-talk before rehearsing our dances once more.

*skip to 6 o'clock*

My heart started racing as we all went up to the balcony.

"Alijaz and his partner Kimberly Wyatt."

"Karen and her partner Jack Whitehall."

"Kevin and his partner Chelsea Halfpenny."

"Dianne and her partner Chris Hughes."

We went down the steps and waved to the crowd. Chris whispered something into my ear and we laughed as Tess started talking again. I looked over to Joe. He had a gleaming simile on his face, Tegan on his lap.

JOE'S POV ~
I watched as Dianne came down the steps, her dress shimmering under the lights. I cradled Tegan as Dianne looked over to us both.

Dianne came out to perform her final dance of the competition. I could see the nerves in her face. She'd done this before, I knew she could do it again.
"Mumma." Tegan said in awe.
"That's her Tegan, isn't she amazing." I replied.

The voice sounded to let them know their scores. I was as nervous as Dianne.
"Craig : 10!
Darcey: 10!
Shirley: ITS A TEN!
Bruno: FULL 40 - 10!"

I lifted Tegan in the air and started crying. I was so proud.

DIANNE'S POV~
40 minutes later

"The winners of strictly come dancing are," Tess said, "CHRIS AND DIANNE!" They announced. Chris and I were being huddled round by all the other pros and contestants. What a way to end my last ever series.

After the show

I came running out of the studio and leapt into Joe's arms. "I'm so proud of you." He says before we pulled away. I hugged Tegan, swinging her around in glee.
"You gonna go to the after party?" He asks.
"No point." I reply.
"Di, go celebrate." He tells me.
"No Joe, I'd rather be at home with you. Plus, I can't drink so I'm not gaining anything by going out." I say.

JOE'S POV ~
Dianne and I got back in pretty late. We sat down on the sofa after tucking Tegan up in bed. An hour later, I attempted to sit up and take myself off to bed when I realised that Dianne had actually fallen asleep on my shoulder.
I carried her up the stairs and onto the bed. "I love you Dianne."