1

OCTOBER 12
DIANNE'S POV~
I can't believe Tegan's one already ! It fells like only yesterday I was cradling her for the first time.
We went through to Tegan at 8.
"Happy birthday princess." I gushed, Joe too just standing there, gazing at his little girl.
We went down downstairs 20 minutes later and opened the majority of Tegan's presents before flicking through the tv to see what films were on Netflix.
We eventually decided on 'Mary Poppins Returns'. I forgot how much I adore this cast: the film makes me so nostalgic.
"D'you remember how much I loved this film?" I asked Joe.
"Hard to forget," he replied ," you went on about Emily bloody Mortimer for months."
That was true.
"And you made me watch every film and interview she's ever done." He continued.
That was also true.
We sang along to every song, Joe maybe a little less enthusiastic than me.

We got ourselves ready moments before Zoe and Alfie arrived.

"Joe she looks adorable

"Joe she looks adorable." I said.
"What do you expect, she is your child." he replied.

We opened the door and welcomed them inside.
"How's the baby ?" I asked once they were sat down.
"Nothing's changed." Said Zoe.
"I feel better now that everyone knows." Added Alfie.

Ten minutes later, Tracey arrived.
"Happy birthday baby!" She said before pulling her own children into a hug.

Everyone had arrived after an hour or so. I was having a blast catching up with everyone I hadn't seen in a while. I talked for about half an hour before I felt Joe pull me aside.

JOE'S POV ~
I took Dianne upstairs and sat down on the bed.
"What's all this about?" She asked.
"I've just had a thought that's all. What if, seeing as everyone will be here," I lowered my tone, "what if we tell them about the baby?" I suggested.
"Honestly, I've been wanting to ask you the same thing." She replied.
I'm so glad we feel the same way, it's so daunting having to tell everyone.

I took her back downstairs.

DIANNE'S POV~
I joined back in with the conversation, just as if nothing had happened.
"I can't believe she's one Di" Amy cooed.
"Neither can I." I heard a familiar voice say.
"MUM!" I screamed.
"What are you doing here?" I asked, a little calmer than before.
"You should ask your husband." She replied I swiftly spun around to see joe, winking at my mum.
"Besides, I couldn't miss my granddaughter's first birthday could I?" She continued.
We talked for ages before I felt joe come and kiss my cheek and whisper into my ear, "it's time."
My heart started racing as the room fell silent.

JOE'S POV ~
Noticing how bad Dianne's nerves were, I decided that I should do most of the talking. I gripped her waist before addressing the crowd.

"Hi everyone. We would like to thank you all for coming today. Five years ago, if you'd told me that I'd be married to the woman of my dreams and have a kid, I probably wouldn't have believed you, But now, I couldn't imagine life without either of these beautiful girls. I love them both so much. Its been an amazing day, but that's not really the only reason we invited you all round today." I started.
"If anybody's recording, don't
put this ANYWHERE." Dianne laughed.
"We invited you round to tell you all that Tegan is going to be a big sister." I revealed, looking at her, smiling and shaking her arm in delight.

Immediately, people started screaming and scrambling over to congratulate us.
I truly have found the perfect girl. We decided to post an announcement tonight, before we could worry too much another day.

Joe's post:

rainbow connection 🌈

Dianne's post:

The four of us together forever

The four of us together forever..... baby Sugg due later this year. Love you x 🌈 @joe_sugg

DIANNE'S POV ~
As everyone started to leave, I felt someone tap my shoulder; Chloe.
"What's up?" I asked.
"I don't want to ruin your happiness, but d'you mind if I stop here tonight?"
I sat her down on the sofa and questioned her some more.
"We had an argument, Sam and I. He told me to get out, and so, I listened. She said.
"Awh Chlo, you know he probably doesn't mean it." I replied as she cried into my shoulder.
"I know Di, but he's been doing it a lot recently. He's been hitting me, kicking me, demanding I be home at a certain time.
"Chloe, you should've told me sooner. I'll go and ask Joe, I'm sure he'll say yes." I said, And with that, I  went off to the kitchen.