DIANNE

One week later
JOE'S POV ~
Today I woke up to a different cry. It wasn't Tegan, it was Dianne. Today her parents we're travelling back to Australia. They'd been here for the past two weeks, meeting Tegan for the first time.
She was sniffling into her pillow so I rubbed her back and whispered into her ear to let her know that I was awake. She turned to face me and rested her head on my shoulder. I kissed her good morning and she snuggled into my chest.
Breakfast was a very emotional time for Dianne, she spent the whole time snuggled up in my arms while her mum held Tegan. I got up after a few minutes to grab some milk for Tegan, who was in my arms by then, and started to feed her.
" you really have found the right man for you Dianne." Her mum said.
"He's perfect for you princess." Her dad added.
She stopped and gazed at me for a while, a beaming smile across her beautiful face.
"He really is, he means everything to me." Dianne responded.

The taxi ride to the airport seemed to drag on for hours. Dianne spent the entire journey staring lifelessly at her mum. I knew the hardest part was yet to come but she was already a state, I couldn't bare to see her like this.
As we arrived at the airport, Di burst out crying. I know how close she is to her family, living so far away from them must be heartbreaking for her. I don't know what I'd do without the support of my family, especially since Tegan came along. She gave her brothers a big group hug and then it was time to say goodbye to her parents. I kissed her afterwards and reassured her that in a few mouths when Tegan is more aware, we'll go to visit them in Australia. When we got back, all we did was cuddle. She didn't stop sniffing until we went to bed, she slept in one of my hoodies: she told me that they made her feel secure. And then, we drifted off to sleep in each other's arms. How lucky am I to be able to hold my two favourite, beautiful girls so close to me?