"Why? You both seem really content with each other."

"He just released an album after this long break he's been on, so I know he'll be away and busy for a while. Then if I'm working and I get promoted at Cosmo, I don't want all the extra stress— and you know how I worry easily." I rambled, but with the look on her face, she knew what I really meant without saying it.

"I can't lie and say that I haven't imagined myself pregnant though. Walking around with a round belly and all that?" I smiled and shook my head. "Just... not right now."

"You're scared." She nodded. "You're not only scared of being absent if you have a kid this soon, you're worried about if he'll be absent too and his focus won't be on a family. I feel like it's more to this, but I won't poke and pry you about it. I get it." Lauren ran her hands against the sheets of my bed. "We both have some fears and worries. I guess I'll have to tell Khalil tonight at dinner."

"In front of everyone?" I raised my eyebrow. Once every two weeks we all make it a big deal to have dinner together so that we can regroup and talk about how things have been— shockingly it was Ariana and Atifa's idea, and everyone agreed to it. Even antisocial ass Maejor.

"I'll let him know before dinner, and depending on his reaction, if he wants to let everyone know? We can do it then. You know he likes attention on him anyway. He's a damn brat." She chuckled. "Just please make sure Justin doesn't know anything. You're the only person I've told."

"That's your man, sis. I wish you good luck with him." I laughed, "But, don't worry; I'm not saying anything. I'll act clueless."

______________________

"Dress pants, a bodysuit, and Pumas?" Justin looked me up and down with a smirk when I came into his house

"Dress pants, a bodysuit, and Pumas?" Justin looked me up and down with a smirk when I came into his house. We're to the point in the relationship where we spend so much time at each other's houses, so he has a key to mine and I have one to his.

He decided to be funny the day he gave it to me and put it in a gift wrapped box like it was a grand gesture. I just handed mine to him. "First of all, it's comfy and cute. That's been my thing lately." I laughed and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and hugged him, taking in the smell of his cologne while he pecked at my cheek repeatedly. "I look cute though." I pulled away and gave the most dramatic spin, and Justin clapped.

"You always do. I have to get used to your hair no longer being purple still. Black hair does look good on you though." He chuckled and grabbed his keys from the steps and handed me one of his jackets— he knew I didn't like wearing mine. "You ready?"

"Mhmm." I sighed and slid the jacket on before taking his hand. "I had to give all those chemicals and smells a break. It's not that good for you." I shut his front door and his arm went around my waist, but he looked at me a certain way that made me raise my eyebrow at him. "Are you okay?"