16| Tell The Truth

Take a minute girl come sit down
And tell us what's been happening
In your face I can see the pain
Don't you try to convince us that you're happy...

- Destinys Child

_______________________

|Two Months Later|

-Ashton

Justin was finally giving me a break after we went to the wedding together to get work done and spend time with the girls, but after we said "I love you", his clingy side was in full effect.

I had to beg Khalil to take him to the studio.

"Dani!" I yelled though our now shared house and made my way up the steps, seeing that her door was closed.

She was always private; but never as much as she is now with me. The past few weeks she's been acting like I couldn't tell that something has been going on, and I finally have time to talk to her about it in private.

"Dani," I sighed and knocked on her door, opening it after I heard her tell me to come in. She sat with her back facing me before turning down her music and smiling at me.

"What's up?" She smiled then took in the look I had on my face. "What's wrong?"

"You..." I said and sat down across from her. "It's something you're not telling me about why you actually came back. I have no problem with you staying with me, but I know my sister." I raised my brow at her.

"I really have no clue what you're talking about." She laughed awkwardly and looked back at her phone. I quickly snatched it from her hand and put it behind my back.

"You've got bruises that are healing in your legs and arms, Danielle. One thing you don't wanna do right now is lie to me." I urged her.

"I workout, Ash. It's nothing serious and you need to chill." She responded defensively and tried to grab her phone, only resulting in me moving it again.

"Is somebody hitting you? Was somebody hitting you?" I whispered and grabbed her wrist, but as soon as I reached out for it, it made her flinch before I even touched her.

My heart fell.

"Danielle, I swear to God if you don't tell me who's been putting their hands on you I will go up to the fucking university and burn that shit to the ground. Do you hear me?!" I yelled softly, not wanting to make her more anxious than she already was. "Tell me."

She looked down at her hands before they started to shake uncontrollably. "Baby," I sighed and pulled her into me as a cry ripped from her chest. "Dani, please just tell me, okay? I have to know what's been happening to you; you don't tell anyone anything and I need to know."

"I-I just didn't know w-what else to d-do." She stuttered as she buried her face into my shirt.

"What do you mean? What did you do?" I question and ran my fingers though her hair. She pulled away slowly before cleaning her face.

"There w-was this guy I was dating on campus; his name was Evan. He was literally everything to me, Ashton. I thought I was to him. He couldn't move left, without me being too far away, and I couldn't go right without him following my lead." Danielle smiled to herself.