27 | Papa

I saw things I imagined

I saw things... I imagined.

- Solange

__________________________

TWO WEEKS LATER

- Ashton

"You're really... pregnant."

I smiled and took Lauren's hands in mine that were shaking like crazy. She was sitting on my bed surrounded by loads of tissues because she was crying so much.

She was terrified because she didn't even tell Khalil, and she's known for a while now. She was worried that he probably wouldn't be ready to be a dad, and that he'd probably up and run instantly.

"I don't know what to do." She laughed and cried at the same time, tapping her fingers against her small stomach lightly. "I don't know how he'll take it but he's gonna have to know, Ash. You know how Khalil is; you've known him before me. At this point? I've been preparing myself for the best and the worst."

"If he has a negative reaction... how will you react?" I asked, turning down the TV. For once, I was the only one in my house. Danielle was out for the week with Blair, and Justin's been over every once in a while because of him working and interviews. So when I say my house has been nothing but peace and quiet? I mean it.

"That's what I'm worried about!" She groaned. "If it's negative, I don't know how well our relationship could be. When men find out about their woman being pregnant, their emotions are all over the place. You wanna know what he said when I told him my period was two days late? 'Shit...I guess I gotta get my shit together, babies are a big deal and we can't have big deals over here.' Ashton... I wanted to kill his ass. I'm talking hide the body and everything." Lauren ran her hands down her face.

I chuckled and shook my head. Rubbing her shoulder, I put my chin against it and hugged her. "I've got a feeling that things will be okay. He's still gonna love you, and love that little baby growing inside of you even more. I can't wait to find out the gender and help you spoil the little cutie."

She pulled up her shirt up, showing me her bare stomach. "You think I'm ready to be a mom? Like really? I told you this is something that I was always nervous about. I didn't know if it was something I'd be ready for, especially with the relationship I have with my own mom? I just wanna be great, Ash."

The relationship that Lauren has with her mom is completely different from the relationship I have with mine. Lauren's mom was present in her life, but she told us that she made Lauren grow up too fast simply because of the way her mom was raised, so it put a strain on their relationship even till this day.

"You'll be a great mom. Don't compare the relationship you have with your mom to the one you'll be having with your own in nine months. Don't talk down on your abilities before you even experience it yet."

She purses her lips and nodded her head. "Have you even thought about this one day, but for you and Justin?"

I ran my tongue against my teeth and nodded. "I have... I just don't feel like it's best for either of us at this moment. Not the right timing and all that stuff."