12| Baby

Everybody's tellin' me I've been changin'
Cause I ain't ever been in love before
But we know what it is
And I believe you're what I've been missing.

-Justine Skye (ft. Vic Mensa)
______________________________

- Ashton

| The Next Day |

"What did you have to tell me, Dani." I hummed while we looked around my room. Justin left a few hours after for a meeting he had with Scooter, so that just left Danielle and I by ourselves.

Danielle looked up from her phone before sighing and putting it back down in her lap. "I've been thinking... and I've been in school for a while, and college can be a bitch."

"Okay..." I raised by brow and looked at her.

"I'm not gonna drag this conversation out... but I've been thinking that I want to take a year or two off of school to focus on myself, you know?" She said and came closer to me. "I've been in school for so long, I need a break from time to time! And I was thinking, if you're cool with it... of I could stay with you?" She mumbled and looked at me.

"Dani," I sighed. "You know that whatever you wanna do I'm here for you and don't have a problem at all with any of it; of course you could stay with me... but did you talk it over with ma?"

Her face fell and she groaned, throwing her head against the pillow next to her. "I was hoping you could for me—"

"Hell no! Your idea, you tell her. She's not about to be up in my ass again. It's your turn."

Before I had the job I do now, I wanted to work as a bar tender, but mom wasn't having it and instantly shut that dream down. Dani looked down at her phone before looking up at me with a evil smirk.

"Bitch, you're plotting. Don't even—"

"Does ma know you're dating Justin yet or nah?" The corners of her mouth curled into a grin.

"This is why God doesn't like you." I rolled my eyes. "I'm gonna tell her soon... exactly how you're gonna tell her about you leaving school." I got up and went into the kitchen to grab a bag of chips from the cabnet.

"Can we just tell her everything together?" Dani asked right before my doorbell rang and four loud knocks were coming from the other side.

"All of that it too much for her to take at one time, you know she's dramatic." I walked over and opened the door to see Lauren standing on the other side with a toothy grin on her face.

"If it isn't my favorite bitch!" She grinned and walked inside, pulling me to where Danielle was. They quickly exchanged their hellos and how much they've missed each other before Lauren dramatically fell onto the couch with her hand over her forehead.

"What happened now?" I raised my brow at her.

"So... that guy I was dealing with, Devin? Foud out he was playing me." She laughed "So as you know, if you play me, I'm playing that ass back. So... I found out about this girl he was messing around with cause I went through his phone, and what have you.... they've been talking for a minute and stuff and he told her he's see her later today with the pickle and splash emoji."

"And what did you do?"

"I poked a whole in all his condoms before he left out his house and cleared my overnight drawer. No trace of my ass at all."

"Lauren... you poked holes in his condoms. Why didn't you just beat his ass instead of making him a damn daddy to be?!" I laughed.

"I told my parole guy I'd be good for the next few months cause I'm not trying to go back to see a damn cop at any point." She shrugged. "Anyway, what's poppin today? We got any plans? Beatrice still isn't back yet."