24| St. Lucia

When I call you better answer me
Right now I need you here on me
No substitutes, you're the one and only
Please take away the stress I don't need

- Jhené Aiko ft. Big Sean

________________________

| WEEKS LATER |

- Ashton

"So are you two just not gonna speak to each other this entire trip?" Khalil asked the both of us while we all sat down on the boat making our way to the island that Justin wanted us to stay at. I told him that we could stay at a resort like everyone else did, but mister show-off just had to splurge more than what was needed and got a island. It was still close to the resort, and we could still do the same things they did; I'm just not adjusted to this lifestyle yet even though we've been together for this long.

Let's start with this— the reason why Justin and I weren't talking to each other at the moment was entirely his fault this time. Earlier in the week, we had a argument and it was my fault; so I apologized. When he told me that Hailey came by the studio to apologize to him, I threw a fit about how she could be lying and how he was stupid for even believing her bullshit. But like I said — I apologized, even if I still kind of feel like she's not right until I talk to her myself.

Now in Justin's case, the reason why we're arguing is his fault, he knows it, and still hasn't apologized. We still don't live together; and I'm perfectly fine with that even though we love each other. I was always keen on not living with whoever I was dating until we were married— Christian just so happened to sweet talk me into it at the time, no matter how many times I protested it. After what happened with Christian, I refused to move in with whoever I was dating, and I stuck to it. Mainly, so that if we were to break up, we would still have our own things and be our own people. Or if a fight was to happen, I wouldn't have to worry about you leaving and going to another woman's house.

And it wasn't like Justin and I lived far from each other, might I add!

Justin knew this and was perfectly fine with it until two days before we were to leave for St. Lucia, he blew up on me out of the blue about us moving in together. And of all people, I thought he would understand after he did the same with Selena and when they split, it took her ages to officially leave and have her own place again. When I brought it up, he got pissed about me even thinking of a possible break up. When I tried to justify it, he openly blamed it on my insecurities; saying, and I quote: 'you really need to get over your damn insecurities with this, Ashton.' and went on to say that if he was Keith, he'd be sure that I'd move in with him if he asked.

I don't know where that came from; but I thought we were over the whole Keith thing. I didn't wanna argue or even think about why this whole thing blew up the way it did, so I just walked away and kept my distance from him no matter how badly I wanted to slap the shit out of him. I guess he was still in his feelings and refused to apologize, so I just decided to keep quiet around him unless he was asking if I was ready to leave for the trip.

Again, I don't get why everything was like this right now. I just wanted to enjoy St. Lucia, my sister, friends, and my boyfriend; but I guess I couldn't have all of that at the same time.

"I don't have anything to say." I shrugged and looked at the water. "I don't even wanna talk about anything. I just want to enjoy this trip."