22| In Love

When you wake up everyday
And it gives you your first breath
Or it makes you so afraid
But you take another step
...
When peace becomes the truth
And you know that it's okay
And the happiness you feel
You just want it everyday...

- Star Cast

________________

- Justin

"So how long has this been going on?" My mom asked with a smile while Ashton was in the bathroom. I looked over at my mom and returned the same smile softly.

"About seven and a half months now." I sighed happily and fixed my hair before looking back at her bright eyes and smile. "Do you like her?"

"Baby," she chuckled to herself "I can see the smile that she puts on your face and that little light you have in your eyes when you talk about her." She sat closer to me and took my hand in hers. "I haven't seen that look in your eye in ages. To know that she's helped to bring it back makes me love her. I just want you to take care of her and cherish her. I don't think you'll ever get another great one like her."

I took in everything she said and nodded my head since I know what she wanted to say without actually saying it: 'don't fuck this up, Justin'. "I won't. I really love this one." I looked over at her and heard Ashton's footsteps coming down the steps and she smiled at the both of us.

"So Ashton, hows my son been treating you? I hope well since I raised him the right way." My mom playfully glared at me and made a giggle come out of Ashton's mouth when she sat on the other side of me on the couch.

"He treats me well," she smiled at me "I don't have any complaints so far Pattie."

"See? Told you." I turned to look at my mom and grin wide.

"I just have to ask, because once again; I know my son. Justin told me that he met your mom also! I hope to meet her one day."

"You will, before the wedding." I interjected and her eyes and Ashton's both grew twice their size.

"Wedding?" The both said in unison.

"Justin, are you being serious—" my moms eyes began to water a little and Ashton held her chest in either confusion or out of her being happy. I really wasn't sure, but I held my hands up and shook my head.

"Not anytime soon, but yeah. I told you that you're someone I plan on marrying." I turned to Ashton. "I wasn't joking about that— but when we're ready. I'll make sure your nails are done and that Dani, Crystal, and your friends help me with picking out the ring." I joked.

A sigh left her lips and she hit my shoulder. "Don't do that again! You almost made your mom and I have a heart attack." She pouted. "I mean; this would be amazing; but then my family isn't here and I don't look to great—"

"You look fine, Ashton. Just relax." I laughed and shook my head, seeing my mom look at us again and smile; I could already tell that Ashton won her over. She looked at her in a way that she never looked at Selena or even Hailey— and at one point, she loved them both.

"Well, how about we all go out for dinner later? There's a restaurant here that Justin loved as a kid." My mom smiled at Ashton and she nodded her head.