Chapter 23 - Long Haul

A/N; 2K reads! Thank you so much! Words can't explain how grateful I am that people actually read the things I post. Lmao. Love you eternally!

~

Chapter twenty three

Nathan's POV,

~

I slipped a finger into the back pocket of her jeans, taking her by surprise.

She let out a slight moan.

She turned to face me as I winked at her.

'Are you seriously trying to get in my pants?' She retorted.

'Only if it's working' I teased as I traced my fingers down her neck to her boobs.

'Mhmm' she hummed.

She wrapped both arms around my neck and started getting closer to me.

I felt her breath against my neck.

'Guess what? It's not working!' She flung my hand off her boobs and walked off.

Brilliant.

It's true what they say.

I'm the "baby" or the "amatuer"

Nobody wants to get with me. It's always Max or Jay or Tom.

They'd try Siva if Nareesha wasn't beside him, that's for sure.

I walked back to the table with a drink in hand.

'No luck?' Max asked.

I groaned and sat down.

'It's frustratingly annoying' I said.

'We saw you slip a finger into that blondie's pocket' Tom winked.

'Yeah, bold move' I rolled my eyes.

'Never really pegged you as a one for blondes' Max then said.

'I don't think girls should be defined by their hair or weight or anything' I mumbled.

'Yeah that's coming from the guy who just tried to get a girl wet without even introducing himself' Tom said as they both cracked up.

I ignored them and drank the remains of what was in my glass.

'Ah c'mon mate. You know we could help you get some girls' Max said.

'Oh, yeah yeah. They'd end up with you not me' I muttered.

'Someone's getting prissy' Tom teased.

'I have needs, ya know?'

'Oh we know' Max said as he looked at Tom.

'Speak for yourself, mate!' Tom defended. 'I can get some anytime I want. That's the only thing I like about having Kels around.'

'Did you seriously say that's the only thing you like about her' I said with a facepalm.

'Can't complain, now can I? I'm sure you'd die for our fingering moments' Tom smirked.

'Oh god! Spare me the details, mate!'

I'm not saying Tom's right but maybe settling down doesn't seem so bad. I mean, I never used to be the one who loved to get sexytime all the time. I was the kind who'd be in it for the long haul.

I was that person with Lea. I was my old self. The one I liked.

Not this guys. This .. Egoistic, arrogant moron who smokes and sleeps with every girl he gets a chance with.

Though, I can't really get a girlfriend if every girl I talk to ends up waking away.

~

'Sawyer!' a familiar voice called out.

I turned around to see Christopher, stood there.

'Christopher' I smiled.

I had a huge crush on him since the beginning of high school.

'Ladies first' he said, pulling out a chair.

I raised my eyebrows.

'C'mon, we're at Starbucks anyway. No harm in catching up together over a cup of coffee,right?'

'I guess you've got a point' I smiled and sat down.

'How've you been?' He asked, sipping on his chai latte.

'I'm-I'm good. You?'

'I'm alright. Getting ready for Harvard. You should get the stress, I mean I'm sure it's not easy for you, the transition from Wesley High to NYU'

I haven't really thought about NYU.

But I have decided to skip a year and just go to NYU next fall. I doubt I'm ready for the "University" life just yet.

'Umm,' I tried to find the right words. 'I'm actually taking a year off. I'll be going to NYU next fall.'

'Mhmm' he hummed, taking another sip of his drink.

'Soo,' I continued, as he stared at me. 'We're just here, staring at each other. Not awkward at all'

'I've never noticed how brown your eyes are' he said, which would've caused me to blush like a year ago.

'Yeah, well you barely even noticed me back then' I muttered under my breath.

'Sawyer Scott, would you go on a date with me?' He asked, raising one eyebrow.

'Uhh,'

If he cared enough, he'd know to call me "Lea" instead of "Sawyer". I mean, everyone in school knew that!

'I can't, thanks though' I rejected, as politely possible.

'Why not? I remember you being head over heels for me and I can't blame you'

'Uh, yeah I'll ignore your arrogance. For the record, I don't "like" you anymore. That was high school crap' I snapped.

'Excuse me? I'm irresistible for god's sake. Tons of girls are dying to sleep with me. What, is there some other guy you're hooking up with?' He asked.

'Yeah, I'm not one of those girls nor will I ever be' I grabbed my phone from the table as I stood up. 'And no, I'm not hooking up with anyone. I'm in love with someone else, okay?' I walked away.

Err, was I the only one that noticed 'in love' coming out of my mouth? I didn't expect myself saying that.

I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it though, right?

You know what, maybe my brain just meant someone else. Maybe I meant umm,

For the love of god, you clearly meant Nathan! It's always gonna be Nathan you dickhead! How have you not figured that out yet!