chapter three

Chapter Three
Sawyer's POV.

"Would you ever consider listening to your music softer?" I ask as I walked into his room.

I didn't expect myself doing that. Just walking into his room.

"No, I like my music loud. It helps me escape from the world," he said, and then realized I had just walked into his room.

"Why'd you wanna escape from the world?" I asked curiously.

"That pervert was right, you're really chatty," he says, nonchalantly. I wasn't sure if he was joking or not, and stayed silent.

"Yes, it was a joke," he answers my thoughts, "how are you, anyway?"

I was still stood at the door, barely inside of his room. My mind was all over the place and I hadn't even realized that he had asked me a question.

"I asked how you were doing," he repeats, motioning for me to sit next to him.

"I'm alright, why wouldn't I be?" I ask, now sat two feet away from him.

"Well.." he begins before being interrupted by a familiar voice from downstairs.

"Lea!! We're going to get some stuff with Jess. C'mon!!" Hannah yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!" I said before looking at Nathan.

"We'll continue this," he said as I stood up, "I'm Nathan, by the way,"

"I figured," I smile before leaving the room.

-

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

"Erm, movie?" Jess said. "Is that alright with you?" Hannah then chirped in.

"Yeah, course"I smiled, "I'll just tell dad that we'll be back later"

Hey dad
Jess, Hannah and I are going for a movie so we might be back a little later than expected.
Don't wait up yeah? And we'll get dinner settled out x'

: Alright Sawyer. Just be careful x

I swear he treated me like I was still seven years old. I mean I guess I can't blame him, since I don't see him that much but.. he put himself in that position.

-

"And here are the tickets," Jess said, handing one to Hannah and I.

"The Amazing Spider Man?" I questioned.

"It'll be good, I swear" Jess said.

We all got our food and began to look for the hall we were supposed to be in.

"Hall One, Hall Four, Hall Six, ah! Hall Seven!" Hannah said as we followed behind her.

"Oh my god, Andrew Garfield is waaaaaay too hot!" Jess and I gushed as the movie started.

"Ssh," Hannah had an annoyed look on her face.

Jess and I giggled.

-

"Thanks for today, guys. It was really fun!" Jess said as the three of us walked to the door.

"Hey, don't mention it. We gotta do this again" Hannah said. 

"Hey, mum!" Jess said to Karen.

"Hello, girls. Had a good time?" She smiled.

"The best!" I immediately said.

"You girls staying for dinner?" She then asked.

"Er.. No. Not really" I stuttered, looking to Hannah for an answer but I was interrupted.

"Why not?" It was Nathan. I didn't notice that he was in the living room since he's so small that the couch practically hides him.

Yeah, Lea. Why not? You told your dad that we'd handle dinner anyway" Hannah claimed.

"Don't worry darling, it's not a burden. We've always got extra food," Karen reassured and disappeared back into the kitchen.

The three of us joined Nathan in the living room when Jess and Hannah disappeared upstairs. Apparently to see Jess's TVD collection. I swear, it had been seconds and here I was alone with this boy, yet again.

Though, Jess did ask if I wanted to join them. I opted to stay downstairs since my legs were already sore from all the walking. I'm extremely athletic, can't you tell?

Before I knew it, Nathan left and I was alone. I must be extremely boring, damn.

"Here," he said, handing me a fresh pair of socks from upstairs.

"Why?" I asked, clearly confused.

"Well, it's freezing and you've been wearing those all day," he said, causing me to look at my socks.

"I guess they aren't the cleanest.." I said.

"Yeah, they stink!" He said as he pretended to close his nose. "Just take it," he smiled.

"Okay.." I replied.

You know, he didn't act the way he looked. I didn't mean to stereotype but you'd think that he was the kind of person to come off as a dick and be completely full of himself, but he couldn't be farther from that. Then again, I hardly knew the guy.

-