Chapter 57 - Beds Before Heads?

Chapter fifty seven,
Sawyer.

Monday, 10:43 p.m (London)

"So, I get dropped off first then you? Seeing as my dad's is a wee bit closer compared to your family house," I sat to the British boy stood next to me.

"Wee bit," he mocks, "Babe, did we not agree on it?"

"Nathaniel, it's almost eleven. It'd make much more sense to go to my dad's straight away instead of being a burden and having me stay at your place, as much as I love it there"

"For the love of sweet baby Jesus, you're not a burden. Mum doesn't think that, neither Jess nor I. I've told you that since the day you stepped foot into the house. You're not a burden, you never will be" his fingers intertwine with mine, "So, would you please just stay the night"

"I don't know," is all I manage to say. I've never declined spending the night with him, not inside anyway. I've always refused just to be polite, though the green eyed love of my life always seemed to see right past my little white lies.

"Have you told your Dad that you're arriving tonight?" He asks.

"No, he expected me in the morning. I was just going to surprise him, kind of" I mutter.

"Then, it's settled. You, my lady, are staying with me tonight. Deal with it"

"Oh, bugger off!"

"British slang. I like it, quite a lot" He says, a sheepish smile forming on his pink lips.

11:50 p.m (An hour later)

"I'm surprised you actually found your keys," I say, trying my best not to make a single noise as he shuts the front door behind me.

"You underestimate me, Scott"

"I know from experience, Sykes" I say, mimicking that damned smile of his.

"Alright, there's only one way we can even this out" he says, "Race you to the top!" Seconds, and he was on his feet. Trying his best not to fall, sliding about in his socks. It took me a moment before my usual self sprinted behind him with my bag in hand.

Despite my mind taking a while to respond to his challenge, I was already ahead of him by the time we had reached the stairs. I felt his fingers squeeze my stomach, tickling me. An uncontrollable scream erupted from my mouth before I clasped my mouth with my own hand, realising that everyone else was asleep.

"You're gonna pay for playing dirty" I retort before chasing behind him.

By the time we'd reached Nathan's room, neither of us could breathe. Once the door shut behind us, the only thing heard was the sound of both our laughs. It was safe to say that we both literally sat on the floor for two minutes, laughing our bottom's off whilst trying ever so hardly to catch our breaths.

After our epic challenge, which I had won no matter what Nathaniel says, Nathan disappeared into his bathroom while I took advantage of the comfy bed that was in the room. Yes, I fell flat on it, fully clothed, without doing jack shit, like the movies.

Sure, the flight wasn't bad but honestly, I'm just a blooming sucker for beds. Queen sized, king sized, bunk beds, sofa beds, I ain't got no type. I'm not even half kidding when I say I'd leave Nathan for a god forsaken bed. I mean, my bed was there for me way before Nathan.

Beds before Heads. Wait, not quite.

Beds before Grades. Accurate, unless you actually want to go somewhere in your life, but not quite.