Chapter 48 - Sensations

Chapter forty eight
Sawyer,

-

'Bye, Sawyer. I'm gonna miss you' dad said, bringing me into a hug. 'Will you be back this summer with Hannah? It's fine if you wouldn't want to come'

'Of course we'll be here dad. What's a summer if not spent in Gloucester, right?' We both chuckled lightly.

'Anyways, again, thank you for taking care of me. I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for you'

'No, don't say that. I'm glad I could make it in time, I am' my voice softened.

It was partially my fault that he was in this hospital in the first place, though. Never mind that, Lea.

I heard the lady say that it was boarding time for my flight and so did my father. We said our last goodbyes and he watched me go.

Soon as he was out of my sight, or me his, I pulled out my mobile and starting texting Nathan. I know this was risky and all but my Dad had no idea about Nathan coming along. Him and I came in separate cars and agreed on meeting once my father left.

I texted him, asking where he was but there was no reply. I wasn't really jumping into conclusions like thinking he wouldn't show or anything because he genuinely was excited. I was just starting to panic a little since we're meant to be boarding by now.

I was about to send him yet another text when I felt two arms wrap around me. 'I'm hereeee' his voice was filled with happiness and I instantly felt relieved.

'You prick, do you know how panicky I was just a second ago?'

'Yeah, but I'm here now so you're insides are probably fluttering, right?' He smirked causing me to roll my eyes. If there's one thing you should know about Nathan, it's that he's extremely vain and humble at the same time. How could someone possess both of those qualities? God, I've no clue.

'You ready?' He then asked, lacing his fingers with mine as we walked to our gate.

'To be in a plane with you for like a crazy amount of hours? God, no' I muttered and caught him pouting. He knew I didn't mean it but he tends to get offended quite easily.

'Shut up, you'll love it because you love me' a smug smile appeared on his face and as much as I didn't to give him the satisfaction he so deeply craved by agreeing with him, I couldn't help it.

'I do, nut. I love you' I smiled as much as I tried not to.

'I love you too' he said with a look of satisfaction. Boy, this was going to be interesting 11 hours.

---

Nathan and I were in a car, headed to my mom's place or home; as I'd call it since she had a thing with her friends which meant she was staying over with one of them and I didn't want to bother her.

I noticed a smug look on Nathan's face, his eyes were focused on our surroundings and nothing but that, 'Happy to be here?' I asked as his gaze met mine.

'Couldn't be more happy. I love this place,' he smiled.

'Mhmm, I'm glad you do' I hummed as he intertwined our fingers together, tightening his grip before saying, 'My favourite part is being here with you though'

'Yeah, save your compliments for some other time, alright?' I rolled my eyes when I noticed the car had stopped. We were here, home, after way too long. I paid the driver whilst Nathan grabbed our bags out of the trunk. We dragged our suitcases to the front door; the suitcases making an unflattering noise as we dragged it on the pavement.