chapter two

Chapter Two
Sawyer's POV.

"Hey girls, how was shopping?" My dad asks as we walk into the front door.

"It was good," I smile.

"That's nice, you two have any plans for tonight?"

I turned to look at Hannah, wondering if she had anything planned.

"Um, yeah. I thought maybe Lea and I could go to a friend's house and just hang out? She's only a few minutes away. She's from Gloucester too. So, can we, Mr. Scott?" She smiled, hopefully.

"Of course," he took a sip of his drink before continuing, "And for the millionth time, you can call me Uncle Ed"

"Hmm, I'll pass. I'm hooked onto Mr. Scott," she smiled smugly as we both ran upstairs to our room.

We shared a room even though there were more rooms in the house. We've been sharing it for a long that it's just become a habit at this point. Besides, it was a huge room. It's like the size of a living room. It's insane. I'm not a fan of it though.. The fancy lifestyle. Huge house, expensive car, designer clothing. Okay, maybe I like the clothing part but the rest just isn't my thing.

"So, whose house are we going to tonight?" I asked while putting my clothes away.

"My mum's friend's daughter. Her name's Jess. She seems really sweet, she's only a year younger than us and my mum insisted on meeting her. You don't mind, right?"

"Course not, its be nice to finally have a friendly face around here,"

I was turning seventeen this year and I've been visiting my dad for about seven years now. It was scary at first, considering my age, but Hannah had been accompanying me here for as long as I could remember.

-

"Hannah! Are you ready yet?' I asked from downstairs.

"No, not yet. Give me a minute!" She yelled back.

She's been saying that for twenty minutes, but I wasn't surprised. Instead, I grabbed a bag of crisps and joined my dad in the living room. As always, he was playing FIFA.

"So, have you missed Gloucester?" He asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Dad, you ask me that every year" I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"I know, it's getting a little too old, ain't it?"

"Kinda like you..." I cut him off.

We both laughed.

"So, Sawyer.. I think"

"Dad. Not this again" I cut him off, yet again.

"What?"

"I know what you're gonna say. I'm not moving here dad. I'm not leaving mom. That's my home. I can't just pack up and leave. For the millionth time, no. I'm not moving to Gloucester"

"But you're seventeen now," he says, his voice hopeful.

"Dad! That isn't-"