chapter twelve

Chapter twelve
Sawyer's POV.

Nathan and I were both in the taxi, on the way back to my dad's place since we didn't want to trouble Karen into picking us up.

He caught me getting tensed and held my hands, to prevent them from shaking, "it's going to be alright,"

"You don't know my dad, though" I said.

"Indeed I don't. But I intend on getting to know him," he smiled.

"How are you so calm and chill?"

"Uh, I dunno. Maybe cause I'm nineteen - out of school and don't have a curfew," he smiled cheekily.

"Show off," I rolled my eyes, my anxiety still bubbling up inside of me.

"But in all seriousness," he cupped my face. "I'm not letting you take the blame for anything,"

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. I've never really gotten into trouble with my dad before. I've never stayed with him longer than summer.

I've no clue what to expect.

Who wouldn't be shitting bricks at a moment like this?

-

We finally reached the house.

Nathan and I got out of the taxi and I opened the door slowly - making sure it wouldn't leave a sound.

I looked inside to see the house quiet. I didn't think anyone was there and Hannah was probably out with friends.

"Coast clear," I said to Nathan. "I think it's safe for you to go home now,"

"You sure?" He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yes, I'm sure," I smiled. "Thanks for being here though,"

"Anytime. Text me, okay?"

"I will," I said as he left in the same taxi we came in.

I opened the front door and immediately rushed up to my room. I sucked at having to deal with confrontation.

I was sat on my bed, distracting myself on Instagram when I heard my dad's room door open. My heart started beating faster and at this point, I'd already mentally jumped off of a cliff.

I heard his footsteps come towards my room and he started knocking my room door - hard.

I was scared and didn't know what to do. He seemed fucking pissed, but then again, I could be over analysing the situation.

"I'm scared.
And shaking like a fucking vibrator.
And scared"

I texted Nathan.

"Calm down. Just talk to him before you overthink it. If you need me, you know I'll be right there x"
he replied.

I took a deep breath and opened the door only to see my dad stood right in front of me, his expression was pretty hard to read.

Oh dear lord.

"Where the heck were you?," He yelled.

"Uh, I went on a little road trip," I said - not making eye contact; another thing I did when I was nervous.

"And you didn't think to tell me?!"

"You wouldn't have let me go,"I mumbled.

"YOU'RE DAMM RIGHT I WOULDN'T HAVE!' He yelled once again. His expression suddenly shifts and he lefts out a sigh, "I'm sorry.. who'd you go with?"

"A friend," I started, but realized that being vague wasn't going to help the situation, "His name's Nathan. He's just a friend. I mean that,"

I cut my dad off before he has the chance to continue, "I'm not dating him or anyone, dad. Just a friend, trust me,"

He sighs again, and appears just as lost as I am. I couldn't blame him; he didn't know what was the right way to handle this.

"Okay," he finally says, "Please just be honest next time. Hopefully there won't be a next time?"

"Of course not," I reassure him, "I'll be honest, you have my word."

He gives his best attempt at a smile before saying, "I have to get back to work but there's leftovers for lunch downstairs,"

A few minutes later, I hear the front door shut and the engine of my dad's car.

I check my phone to find about a hundred messages from Nathan. Okay, maybe not a hundred but you get my point.

Sykes
• How was it? X
• Did you explain everything? X
• Is he mad at you? X
• Do you need me to come over? X
• Stupid question, I'm already getting into my car. I'll be there in 10 x
• You're also not replying which is driving me insane

: you realize it's completely unnecessary to send a kiss after every text, right?

-

a/n: this chapter was SO exaggerated i had to rewrite it omg. also if you couldn't tell —
"•" is nath and ":" is lea xxxxxx.