chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen
Sawyer's POV.

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I blinked a couple of times just to make sure that I wasn't still dreaming; I wasn't.

I sit up only to realise that I was in a hotel. I look around to find a single duffel bag which was the same one Nathan had taken to Manchester.

Nathan. Was he here?

I look around the room to find anything else that belonged to him but I couldn't. I even checked to see if he was in the bathroom but again, I found nothing.

My green jacket was on the edge of the bed and I searched through the pockets to get my phone and text Nathan. Sure, calling him would've been more ideal but I didn't want to disturb him from whatever it is he could've been doing.

Sykes
: nathan? where are you? and why am I in a hotel...
: I'm so confused and I really hate that I can't remember anything
: text me back please... I really can't remember a thing....

It was barely seconds after I sent my last text that my phone started to ring. It was Nathan.

"Hey," I say, still completely lost.

"Hey," his voice calms me, "You really don't remember anything?"

"No.."

"You called me at six in the morning, crying your eyes out," he started, "you wanted me next to you but obviously I couldn't come over and you didn't want to come to my place either,"

"Okay... and?"

"I booked you a hotel and picked you up. You were a mess and you just wanted to be away from everyone. We got to the hotel, you fell asleep and I had to come home for dinner,"

"Dinner?" I ask before checking the time, "It's seven! I've been asleep for 12 hours?!" I ask in astonishment.

"Not exactly, you were up for a bit when we first got to the hotel. I asked if you wanted to come for dinner and if you wanted me to stay but you declined both offers,"

"Okay... I miss you," I didn't expect myself to say that; and neither did he.

"I miss you too, I'll leave soon, alright?"

"No, it's fine. No rush, just take your time,"

"I'll leave soon," he repeats and I'm slightly relieved by his response.

-

It had been about forty minutes since I texted Nathan. I was having this excruciating pain in my stomach; it felt like something stabbing me.

I had it right before my shower, only to find out that it was stomach cramps. I decided to order something from room service cause' I thought it'd help. Considering how long I had been asleep, I'd assume that this was my body's way of asking me to get some food into my system.

But as to my expectations - the food didn't help.

I couldn't even gain the strength to lift myself up.