Chapter 43 - Piercing Green Eyes

Chapter forty three
Sawyer,

~

'It's getting late,' I say as my eyes peer up to his.

'Is it?' He smiled. 'I didn't realize'

His skin glistened in the darkness and his eyes were a piercing green ; beautiful.

I looked up at the clock hanging from the ceiling which showed quarter to three. 'Yeah, I should head home, Nathan' he pouted at my words. 'Can't you stay, please?' He urged, lacing his fingers with mine. I wanted to, I did but things are different now. Dad's at home and I can't be just sleeping over at Nathan's - he's bound to notice my disappearance.

'B-but.. My dad' I muttered and his face tensed up. He had forgotten about me bringing my dad back home. 'Alright then' he whispered - eyes plastered to the sky. He didn't want me to and I could sense that he was upset. I felt guilt in every part of my body and said 'fine, I'll stay'

'You don't have to' he said even though he wanted me to. 'Mhmm' I hummed. 'but I want to' he smiled and his eyes were gazing into mine, almost as if his eyes were smiling too. 'I like it here, you know?' I said, breaking the silence.

'You do?' His eyebrows raised, almost surprised at my words. I nodded timidly with a simple smile plastered on my face. 'I like it here, with you' he responded and I felt chills running up my spine. My cheeks were turning red and hot and my eyes couldn't help but keep their gaze at his piercing green ones. His fingers held on tighter to mine as he dipped in and slowly kissed my lips. His soft, warm lips pressing against mine, gently, softly, making my insides flutter and I felt the blood rushing through my veins. I kissed him back - I wanted to. Moments later, our lips lost contact with each other as he pulled away and looked at me. 'I'm sorry' he whispered. 'I just couldn't resist anymore'

'No, no' I pressed my lips against his - this time I was taking control. 'I liked it' a smirk formed on his face and I could feel my cheeks glowing. I didn't even care if me blushing was noticeable or not. I just wanted this moment to last till eternity.

'It's late' he said, mocking my voice from earlier. 'How about I take you back to bed? Sleeping here wouldn't be comfortable and I don't want your back hurting, okay?'

I didn't care where I slept, though. As long as he was beside me, I'd be fine. 'Okay' I responded as we both walked back to his room. Both of us were tucked into bed, bodies touching, fingers intertwined, darkness filling the room. 'Goodnight, Lea' he whispered before kissing my forehead.

The lids of my eyes slowly shut but a smile was still formed on my lips. Nathan made me happy and I didn't even have to say anything because he already knew it. My head slowly leaned on his shoulders as his scent sent me off to sleep.

~

My eyes peered open slowly. Sunshine was filing the entire room - it was gonna be a good day for sure. The thought of last night's events made me smile from ear to ear. Our bodies were so close, our lips touched and I felt like I was at home. He was becoming my home and whether that was a good thing or not, It didn't matter. I then realized that Nathan wasn't here, in bed with me.

I shifted my body to the other side and checked my phone to see no messages from Dad - good. I didn't want him getting curious so I texted him saying I was out getting breakfast and asked if he was okay. Minutes later, my phone vibrated and it was a response saying he was absolutely fine and is more than glad to be at home. A sense of relief ran through my body.

I didn't worry too much about Nathan's whereabouts as I'm sure he was just helping Karen run errands or with his friends or something. I forced myself out of bed and felt an instant rush of cold air hit my skin when the duvet was no longer wrapped around me. Yeah, it was sunny outside but it was bloody cold inside.

Once I was done in the bathroom, I proceeded in getting dressed as I wanted as much clothing on me as soon as possible. I slipped the black skinny jeans that I wore the day before and stood there - my upper body in nothing but a bra.

I opened the doors of Nathan's closet and searched for his blue and white checkered button up. When I finally found it, I took it out of the hanger that it hung from and put it on - right arm first, then my left. I buttoned it all the way to the top and tucked it in. It was a little big but looked good nevertheless.

I grabbed my phone and didn't worry about the jumper that I wore yesterday since Nathan said he'd wash it for me even though I insisted on bringing it home instead.

As I passed the kitchen, an instant smell of pancakes rushed through my nostrils. Karen's pancakes. They smelt good, as usual. I peeped into the kitchen as it would be rude not to say hello. 'Sawyer!' She jumped in joy before slowly walking towards me and bringing me into one of her hugs. 'It's lovely to see you!'

'Likewise,' I smiled. 'I stayed over last night, I'm sorry. Not sure if Nathan told you or not but just thought I'd say hello'

'Oh, it's fine darling. You're welcome to stay here anytime and he didn't, you know Nathan' she laughed. 'You want some pancakes, darl?' She cocked her head to the nonstick pan that contained two pancakes.

'Oh, no I'm good, thank you. I'm off to get breakfast for my Dad. It was great to see you though' I gave her another hug.

'Great to see you too, lovely and send my love to your father' I nodded timidly and made my way out.

To my surprise, I walked out and saw my - dad's - car parked out front. I had left it parked in the cafe yesterday when I followed Nathan home and he actually drove it back here. I smiled to myself but I didn't know where the keys were.

I walked back into his room and observed the whole room before spotting it placed on his MacBook - on his bedside table. There was a tiny note attached to it,

You're welcome. Text me once you're home, okay?
See you soon (: xN

He was so protective but not overprotective - it was just the right amount which made everything a little more perfect.

-

A/N; i know, i know nothing really happened in this chapter but I finally got them to kiss! so weeeee! and that's nathan's shirt btw. felt the need to show you guys lmao basically one of my favourite outfits of his.

s/o to Dont_Stop_5SOS and @JaveriaLuvsTW for being the coolest & most hardcore shippers of Nalea ? Haven't decided on a ship name yet lol. luv you two sm!

skipped school today *innocent baby halo emoji* & am currently pulling the most legit prank on my best friends. happy april fools little butts (: xxo