Chapter 36 - Change of Plans

Chapter thirty six
Nathan's POV,

~

There she was, sound asleep next to me. Eyes closed, fingers laced with mine, looking completely beautiful despite the fact that she had no makeup on. She didn't need makeup. She was beautiful enough without it. The only other thing that wouldn't look beautiful on her face was tears. And I knew that was gonna happen eventually if I didn't tell her.

I groaned in frustration and ran a hand through my hair. Today. I needed to tell her today. I walked to the bathroom, in need of a shower. My footsteps were sloppy as I was exhausted. I haven't been able to sleep at all. These two nights that Lea's been here have been the only nights where I'm actually able to shut my eyes. Though, guilt still lingered in my body. Even more knowing that she was beside me.

Once I was done getting dressed, I dried my hair then styled it to a side quiff. I'd much rather just put a beanie on but I personally think I've been doing that too much lately. Plus, my hair gets crazy curly afterwards! I walked back into the room to see Lea, still asleep.

I walked closer to her, about to wake her up when she threw both her hands up, seeming like she was getting arrested. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 'I'm up! I'm up!' She said sleepily.

'Shocker' I smiled.

'Well, I'd much rather wake up by myself than have you yell at me and throw pillows!' She winked then slowly sat up.

'That was, um. I didn't-'

'I know' she cut me off and smiled lazily. 'Where you off to?' She asked, looking at my clothes.

'We're off to get some food. Go on, get dressed!' I smacked her bum causing her to squeal.

'Geez, be a little gentle at least. And I miss the Nathan who would sleep in with me instead of ruining my sleep!' She said before closing the bathroom door shut.

I missed that too, Lea. A lot more than you'd expect.

'Nathan!' She suddenly yelled when the shower came on. I panicked and rushed to the bathroom. My fingers touched the cold knob of the door, about to turn it when she said 'don't come in! I'm naked!'

'More reason to, Lea' was what I expected myself to say but instead all that escaped my mouth was 'okay'

Her voice was silent for a moment as she would've expected me to say something seductive as well. 'Just hand me a towel, please? I forgot to get one before coming in' I walked to the dresser and grabbed one of towels before opening the door slightly and handing it to her with one hand through the door. 'Thanks' she said, I expected with a genuine smile but still confused by my ignorance over the fact that she was standing two feet away from me, completely naked.

I shut the door just as my phone vibrated.

'Hello?' I asked.

'Nath' Clara's voice spoke. 'Babe, please don't tell me you've forgotten about our plans for today'

I tried to remember what she was on about but I couldn't. The only thing that's been on my mind lately was Lea. 'Um, what have we got planned?'

'Oh, Nathan. You've got to stop being so forgetful! That's it, I'm getting you a planner! That way you won't forget important meetings we've got together' I rolled my eyes at the sound of every word she spoke.

'What's so important that it needs to be written in a planner?'

'We've got brunch with Mummy and Daddy. They've flown in from Santorini. Remember?'