Chapter 56 - Superhero Stereotypes

Chapter fifty six
Nathan,

The thought had been lingering in a deep part of my mind for a while now. Actually, it's been in my mind ever since we left Gloucester.

Lea's mum had disappeared into the crowd of people as she went hunting for, and I quote, "antique furniture that'll make me look hip!"

There were little booths all around with fruits, food, plants – you name it. There was also a little park just beside it where you could spot every breed of dog that exists.

Lea and I were sat on one of the benches as I sneakily stole some of her smoothie which would be followed by her swatting me on the shoulder, me then pulling an adorable face and she giving in to me.

In a matter of months this would be gone. Just months.

"You're still planning to go to NYU next semester, aren't you?" Those words escaped my mouth without my consent.

She was taken back by the sudden change of topic and simply said, "Yeah,"

"Good," I say, seeming like a dick. "I mean, not that I want us to be even farther apart. I just mean–"

"I know," Her voice cuts me off, her hands finding mine.

"I mean," I emphasise, "I'm glad your plan hasn't changed despite everything that's happened"

She smiles a genuine smile and it makes my stomach flutter. Not so manly, is it? The thought of her constantly faking a smile when we were in Gloucester, with her father. I'm just glad that isn't the case.

"You're still nervous about something," She says, "You forget I know you, better than yourself sometimes"

"And I, you" I say.

"So what's going on in that thing?" Her finger traces my forehead.

Just ask her, you wanker.

"I know this makes things a little hectic, going back and forth all the time" I say and she squeezes my hand, encouraging me to go on, "Could you follow me back to Gloucester one last time? You know the flight tickets aren't a problem,"

I stop for a second.

"I just want to be with you a little longer. You know I can't stay here, as much as I'd love to. I'd need to spend time with mum and Jess before the tour," I realize I'm babbling. Brilliant.

"Nathaniel, calm down" she says.

"No, I need you there and I need you to know why. In weeks you're gonna be in New York and I'll be touring with the boys. You know I love you, I do. And FaceTime works but,"

"Okay"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Okay, I'll come with you" she smiles.

"Lea, think about it first. I don't want to push you before your move to New York"

"Stop freaking out, you doofus" she cups my face, "I'll need to visit my dad before I leave anyway. This way I'll be able to see him and spend time with my boyfriend. Win win"

"You're sure?" I ask, again.

"More than ever," her lips press against mine.

"Nathan! Lea!" I pull away, "I got a deal on a wooden desk and some bar chairs!" Laura yells, with bags in both hands.

She did take pride in the amount of antique items she collected.

"Well, let's carry some desks and chairs, British boy"