01: the beginning

"Again," my father called.

I raised the knife above my head and aimed at the human-shaped target. I threw my arm forward, the blade spinning through the air before penetrating the dummy right between it's painted-on eyes.

It was then that i realized I had been holding my breath once again. Sighing in relief, i turned to my dad in hopes of his approval.

He narrowed his eyes. "Again."

Looking at the floor, I took a deep breath. I couldn't believe he was doing this to me. I had been repeating the same action all morning and still he refused to give me a break. I willed myself not to talk back, but the urge was almost too strong.

Just do it again, Sasha, I told myself.

Don't question him. He'll punish you if you don't.

Turning back to the target, I reluctantly picked up another knife and lined myself up. I aimed at the dummy's face once again. Channeling the hate I had for my so-called father, I threw the silver blade.

It struck the same spot, knocking the previous knife to the floor.

I looked at the man in the corner of the room. Was that good enough for you?

He began to walk over to me, causing my body to stiffen. I waited for him to scold me, to tell me I had failed.

"Again," he said calmly. "But close your eyes."

I was surprised with his reaction.

Glancing down at the pile of knives, I wanted to cry. I was sick and tired of the constant training he put me through. Every day he would try to perfect me, to push me beyond my limits. I was like his personal weapon, a sword that he sharpened and sharpened until it was sharp enough.

I took a shaky breath and reached for another blade. I hate this.

With my eyes clenched shut, I gripped the weapon tightly as I held it above my head. I swung my arm forward and the knife flew.

I heard metal hitting the ground and opened my eyes. The blade had landed in the same spot as before, the old knife now on the floor. I pushed a strand of blonde hair behind my ear and turned to my father.

Deathstroke flashed a rare smile. It lasted no more than a second.

"Well, done Sasha. You've improved."

---------------------------------------

this is the first chapter of a new book I'm starting, please tell me what you think! damian and other characters will be introduced further on in the story, but right now i am going to introduce the main character Sasha.

i will update more very soon!

xo