Chapter 17

Author's note: Before you read this chapter, check out once again chapter 15... Made a few changes. Enjoy :D

"Open up Evelyn!" I bang on the door. Charlotte is standing next to me frozen. Her face was white with fear. Everytime she was with Evelyn someone close to her died. Including me.

"Evelyn!" I shout from behind the door. I keep banging until Simon opened the door.

"what do you want dickhead?" Simon hissed. He looked at charlotte with a bit of guilt. He did turn his back on us. Charlotte eyed him with accusation, but she didn't say a word. "I want Evelyn." I snap back. "She ruined everything. And I thought she changed!"

"Evelyn is dead" Simon replied with a cold voice.

I glance past Simon and notice Clara on her knees crying over her mother's dead body. I felt like ice water was poured down on me. I felt guilty. Charlotte showed relief on her face. And I don't blame her.

"How did she die?" I ask. Clara looked at me with burning eyes and said, "She died because she couldn't handle all that power. And all those spirits she resurrected... The point is the spirit world is destroyed."

The spirit world is destroyed. How could that even be possible?

"Does that mean there are no more witches and warlocks and spirit magic?" I ask in an excited tone.

"If there were don't you think I would've revived my mom instead of fucking crying all the time?" She yelled and started crying again.

"But all those spirits she resurrected, what should we do about them?" Charlotte asked.

"First of all, there is no 'we'. Second of all, just leave them. They are alive now. Let them live their second life." Clara replied.

"They are going crazy! Killing people, destroying everything in their way." I say hoping she'll help us. "The only way those spirits will die is if their family members kill them." She said.

I remember when Charlotte killed Kevin. She was his cousin. And it hit me, I have to kill my mom and dad and Alex. I have to kill them after I got a chance to be with them again.