Friends and (Former) Lovers Chapter 23

Jimin and Jungkook decided they would go to some special places that meant a lot to them and one of those places was the Gwangbokdong Food Street.  Neither knew the other loved the area of Busan but they thought it would be a great place to get a more than fair sampling of some of Busan's finest street food.  After eating there for lunch they were going to go the Radium Art Gallery.  It was one of Jimin's favorite places to go and view Korean modern art.  Then they would take in dinner near Haeundae Beach.  They would be meeting with some of Jungkook's friends he grew up with since First Grade in elementary school at a local karaoke bar.  Jungkook was excited to show off Jimin to his friends.

As they were walking through Gwangbakdong, Jimin swears he hears someone calling his name but the place is crowded and busy.

"Kookie, did you hear that?"  Jimin asks.

"Hear what Baby?  I hear lots of things."  Jungkook responds.

"I could have sworn I heard someone call my name."  Jimin says perplexed.

"Jiiii-min!  Hold up!!!" the voice says.

"See!  Kookie, there it is again."  Jimin says.

"I still didn't..." Jungkook goes to say.

"Jiiiii-min!!!!  Dammit!  Wait!" the voice says.

Jimin turns around to the direction of the voice and looks around trying to hear where it came from.  Then he starts to see people shoved aside as someone appears to be running towards them.

Jiiii-min!!! Wait!" the voice says again.  So Jimin and Jungkook stand still.  Jungkook sees who Jimin is looking at and suddenly a very sour look crosses his face but he says nothing.

"Oh my God!  I thought I'd never catch up to you.  I wasn't even sure I was seeing what I was seeing"  the man says as he takes Jimin in to a sweeping hug as if the person standing next to Jimin is no one more than the crowd.

"Oh, Ah!  It is so good to see you again!  What are you doing in Busan?  I thought you were basically chased out of town by your parents after that night."  He says laughingly.

"Oh, I'm back to visit with my parents."  Jimin says.  Jungkook continues standing quietly looking this interloper up and down.

"Oh!  Wow!  Did you reconcile? " The man asks.

"Well, yes but we'll see.  They want to try."  Jimin says.  The whole time Taemin doesn't even acknowledge the person standing next to Jimin.

"Well, you look fabulous as always but you always looked like a million bucks."  Taemin grabs Jimin by his coat and roughly pulls him against his body.  Jungkook's back goes ramrod straight and now he's glaring at this person.  Jimin gently pushes him back.

"Uh, Taemin, let me introduce you to my boyfriend Jungkook."  Jimin says as he grabs Jungkook's hand and pulls him closer.

"Oh." Taemin says with mild disappointment. "Uh, nice to meet you...Jungkook."  He holds out his hand to shake it.  Jungkook just glares at it but doesn't shake it.  Taemin gently takes his hand back barely acknowledging Jungkook's anger.  Jungkook doesn't greet Taemin either.  Jimin squeezes Jungkook's hand but it does nothing to decrease his anger in Taemin's actions.

"Well what are the two of you doing today?"  Taemin asks.

"Just going to some of our favorite places. How about you?"  Jimin asks just being friendly.

"Oh, I'm out to grab some quick lunch and head back to work.  Oh, you two should go to Radium they have a great exhibit going on right now and I remember how much you used to like to go there with me." Taemin says.