Master Plan

Journeying home, Sven and Marshmallow take turns in pulling Kristoff's sled, allowing each other breaks.

You and Anna are sat in the back while she treats your injuries, bandaging where the sorceress's blast has burnt you.

You thank her once she's finished.

"Get some sleep," she insists, wrapping a blanket around you. "You look exhausted."

"I don't think I can," you croak. "I'm worried about Elsa."

Anna takes a deep breath, her eyes anxious and glistening with tears. "Me, too," she admits, hugging you. "But as Princess of Arendelle I am ordering you to rest."

"But, Anna, I-"

"Try, anyway."

Driving, Kristoff smiles to himself and shakes his head.

You realise it's pointless to resist. "Yes, princess."

It doesn't take much effort for you to fall asleep. Within seconds of closing your eyes you've slipped into a semi-comatose state, your encounter with the sorceress having left you utterly spent.

By the time Anna rouses you, it's already been a full day and a half.

"We're almost there," she says.

You sit bolt upright and the blanket slides off your shoulders. You can see the castle and main town in the closing distance.

You're ready to stomp Rafe into the ground. Or at least have Marshmallow do so on your behalf.

Anna notices your reaction as she hands you a flask of glogg. "Now, I know I'm usually the one who needs to be told not to do anything impulsive in these situations, but if we see Rafe, we can't just outright accuse him of his crimes."

Your ingenious plan quashed, you slump back in your seat. For crying out loud!

"We don't want to start a war."

You sigh. She's right.

"So, what do we do?" you ask.

"Well, considering he tried to have you assassinated and everything, it'd probably be better if you stayed out his sight."

"Agreed," you say.

"Kristoff and I will sneak you into the castle. Remember, you're still banished."

You haven't forgotten.

"And then while you're alone with Elsa, convincing her not to go through with the marriage, telling her it'll all be okay and that we'll find a way to prove what a scoundrel Rafe is, Kristoff and I will keep watch."

You raise an eyebrow at her. "That's it? That's your master plan? The wedding is in one day!"

Anna sighs. "You have a better idea?"

You shake your head. "I guess not."

When you arrive outside the main town, Marshmallow - seeing as he would attract too much attention - disguises himself among some boulders for a snooze.

"Won't people be a little suspicious about a snow-covered rock in the middle of spring?" Kristoff asks.

You and Anna shrug in unison.

"Maybe," she responds, grabbing a few greying blankets from the sled and draping them over the snowman. "There you go, Marshmallow. Inconspicuous!"

You and Kristoff look at each other and chuckle at Anna's sloppy handiwork.

"Don't worry," the ice harvester says. "It'll be dark soon, anyway."

Sven proceeds to pull your group through the town.