🔗47🔗

Jughead and Mila sat in their usual booth at pops, But instead of sitting across from each other Mila sat next to him. His head laid against the window, His arm wrapped around het waist as she laid against him, Her eyes closed. He thought she had fallen asleep but she didn't.

The bell chimed signalling some had walked in. Mila's eyes popped open and she say up a little straighter and Jughead looked down to her, A small smile on his lips. She looked up at him and smiled as well.

"See, Told you he'd be here with Mila." Veronica stated as her, Betty and Archie walking towards them. Mila stiffened and Jughead pulled her closer to him, Getting a grip on her.

"Jug..." Archie whispered. Jughead's jaw clenched and mila grabbed onto his hand. Betty awkwardly sat down across from them, a small frown on her face.

"Jug, We're so sorry, For everything." She said softly.

"Look, We messed up. We all did, breaking into your dads trailer, it was wrong." Archie stated, Mila looked to Jughead who had his eyes closed.

"You did what?" She asked in a low tone. Jughead held onto the girl tighter. "Is that why FP got arrested? Because you went snooping?"

"No, No look, We went... The gun wasn't there." Veronica explained, "Someone would of had to put it there after we left."

Jughead and Mila shared glances and then Mila's face went pale. She had heard someone go in but she had just thought it was FP. "What are you talking about?" Jughead asked. "Are you sure you just didn't see it?"

Veronica's face fell and she rolled her eyes. "Positive, We checked every inch and there was no lockbox in the closet. Someone had to put it there." She stated, "We were quiet but looked through everything. We thought M was gonna find us."

Jughead sighed in relief but Mila was still nervous, Something didn't add up. If a northsider walked into serpent country someone would of noticed. So why didn't they?

The group of five stormed into the Sheriffs station, Mila trailed behind the group. Jughead had a hopeful look that probably wasn't gonna last long. Archie rushed to the front desk.
"Hi, We need to talk to sheriff Keller, Its urgent."

"There's been a mistake." Betty urged. Sheriff Keller walked towards the group with a sigh. "Sheriff we need to talk to you about sheriff keller." Betty insisted. The sheriff looked to mila and then to the group.

"What about him?" He asked, Quirking an eyebrow.

"He's innocent." Archie stated frantically.

"He's being framed." Veronica added. Sheriff Keller sighed and looked to Mila who stood behind everyone, Uncomfortable.

"Then why did he just confess?" He inquired. Mila's heart dropped, She looked to her right to see Fp being escorted to a cell. Suddenly to guards came up behind Mila and pulled her towards Fp. Jughead went to walk towards the two, But Archie held her back. The guards put her in a room, Outside of Fp's cell.

"You have five minutes."

"P, What's going on?" She asked worried.

"I had to do it kid, I need you to lay low, And take care of my boy, M. He's gonna need you more than ever. Don't let him walk out on you, Don't let him go." Fp told the brunette. And for Mila, In that moment it had felt like everything was going down hill even more than it already was. Jughead was the only reason she was still hanging on and now he needed her more than ever. "Promise me, M. You know what it's like to lose the people you love." He begged.

"I promise."

🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗

Mila walked into her new school, Southside High. People stared as she walked towards her group of friends down the hall, When she reached the small group, "Lookie here, She wasn't lying." Fangs joked, She rolled her eyes and laughed, "Do you know what happened to Fp, Like the details?" he asked.

"Nothing more than you three, I wish i did tho." She stated.

"How's the half-blood taking it?" Sweet pea asked, Referring to Jughead.

"He's pretty broken up about it. He stayed at my place last night. I feel bad, But Fp had to of known what was getting into, If he did do it." She stated looking down, Toni looked at her strangely.

"What do you mean 'if', He confessed Mila." She stated. She looked around the halls, Sweet pea, Toni and Fangs stared at the girl and then sighed looking up.

"He had the officers pull me into his block last night, To talk to me. There was something... Off. I don't think he did it." She said seriously. Sweet pea let out a puff of air.

"If he didn't, Who did?" He asked, She shrugged.

"Lodge hired serpents to trash the drive-in. What if lodge hired someone again, Outer circle who doesn't get involved in the inner circle... Ghoulie maybe?" She stated. She watched Joaquin walk by and something hit her. "I'll be back." She ran after Joaquin. She grabbed his arm and turned her around, "Do you know anything?"

He looked around and then pulled her into a secluded part of the school. "He told me to stay low, And if i needed to get out, That you knew someone." He whispered. "I didn't have part in it M, But i don't know about Fp." He said warily.

"What did you see?"

"I can't say...." He whispered. He looked around and walked away making her sigh.