🔗32🔗

Thicker than blood, More precious than oil, Riverdale's biggest business is maple syrup, Owned by the Blossoms. The death of Jason Blossom precipitated a crisis. With the heir apparent gone, Who would take over the family business? It was a question that brought the wolves to town. And now the blossoms were circling the wagons against possible attacks from within their ranks.

🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗

Mila was awoken by the annoying ringtone of an unknown caller, "Hello?" She asked with a yawn. 

"M&M so glad to hear you, I need you at the school by seven." Cheryl said into the phone. Mila pulled the phone away from her and looked at the time to see it was 6:50.

"Cheryl, That's in ten minutes." She said rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Then you better hurry." She piped up. The line going dead. She sighed and Got up grabbing a white oversized sweatshirt and a plaid skirt. She grabbed a pair of thigh high velvet black high heeled boots. She huffed and grabbed her school bag and bike keyes. She rushed outside and looked around seeing one of her old friends. He smirked and walked her way. 

"And there's the queen herself rushing off to the Northside." he said shaking his head. She smiled looking up to him and his tall figure. 

"Aw you know it's not like that, I gotta be there for jug."  She smirked. 

"Mm, He's probably forgot all about us, Anyways, You still owe me that date." he smirked. 

"Mm, It seems that way huh?" He nodded, Biting his lip slightly. She smiled at the tall, Raven haired serpent. "Well, you know where i am." 

"I'll take you up on that offer." He smirked. 

"Well i gotta go, But i'll see you around."

"Definitely. You should transfer back to Southside, Everyone misses you." He said, She shrugged, Hopping on her bike and heading towards the northside. When she arrived at her school she saw Cheryl's red hair standing out. As she walked up to Cheryl, Her lips turned up into a smile. 

"M&M i'm so glad you came." She smiled. 

"Uh, Me too?" She said concerned, She had never seen Cheryl so smiley, Unless it was to get something she wanted, "Is there something you needed?"

"Yes, So your really close with Archie, Right?" She asked with a smile, She nodded her head and Cheryl's smile grew wider, "Great! So i need a favour. I need you to convince Archie to come to this tree tapping ceremony for my daddy's company." 

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yeah, Okay." She said walking off to her class

🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗

Mila and Jughead sat next to each other in Literature, "So are you okay, Since the other day and Betty...."

"I'm fine jug, I don't know what happened, Really." She smiled. 

"Good, Cause i was worried. I was gonna go to your house but Betty needed to get home. So..."

"It's fine." She said once again with a smile. The teacher walked into the room and smiled. 

"Today you will all be reciting your poems, It will be at random. First up is.... Toby." The two listened as multiple people went up. They were both nervous as to what would happen when they went up to read their poems. They had both written their poems about each other. They both looked up at the clock to see there were Ten minutes left in the period, "Okay, Time for two more. Uh.... Jughead Jones." The two looked to each other, "Jughead? Is your poem finished?" He nodded and grabbed the paper, Walking to the front of the classroom, Placing the paper on the podium, He cleared his throat and sighed. 

"As i exhale,
mist condensates prudently

on the mirror.

I hesitantly write down a what 
my mind won't comprehend. 

'Love.'
Gradually the mist evaporates 

and the word i wrote down has vanished.
i inhale deeply with the hope

of breathing in new life to melt

the ice crevice around my heart.

Until one day, I woke up and saw you
It was like a ray of light beamed in my face
and your happiness made my heart race. 
Your warmth has melted 
the ice block within.
I exhale and the mist is no more, And i know what love is
since you were and me me so pure."

He cleared his throat and the class clapped and Jughead brought his eyes to meet Mila's. She had a small smile on her face, In her head she was glad Jughead had found someone. She thought he was talking about Betty, But in reality he was talking about her, But she was sad that it wasn't about her, Even though it was. Jughead's heart started to race as he saw her smile. He walked back to the table and she smiled wider, His breath stopped in his chest and he smiled as well, "Mila James, You're the last of today." The teacher smiled. She nodded slowly, The class falling silent, Her heels clicked against the floor as she walked up to the podium. She took a deep breath and looked at all her classmates and then down to her paper.

"You looked at me
Like you always look at me

but there was something in the 
corner of your eye that brought a 

sting to my heart, like it skipped a beat and my breathe

lost it's balance. I could swear something changed in the air,

Like i saw you differently now, Maybe deeper. And then 

you touched my hand and i could swear i lost 

my sight because you were all i could see,

and i smiled because i knew that 
i had fallen in love with you
but then my heart skipped 

a beat again, Because
what if you didn'y
feel the same." 

Everyone was silent, Shocked. Mila didn't normally get deep into her emotions but she did. She looked up to Jughead as he did her, He looked just as shocked. She walked back to her seat and sat down, Jughead looked at the side of her head, There was sadness and fear in his eyes, He was sad that his Best friend was scared to say how she really felt and he was scared that maybe she had fallen for somebody else. They both felt that way. They looked to each other and smiled and then looked down at the desk, Shaking their heads.