Chapter 30: Trying to Find the Riggs

5 hours later...
Daniel's POV
I can do this, I know I can. Even if I haven't had any luck in the five hours that I've been searching for my friends. So right now I'm starting to think that it's a lost cause, but I have faith that I'll find my friends, even if I have to search every city in every single state, I will find them.
"Excuse me sir, but are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm just trying to find my friends. That's all."
"Did they ditch you?"
"No."
"Have they been kidnapped?"
"No, and I really don't have time to chat, so please excuse me."

5 days later...
It's almost been a whole week and I still haven't found them. I walked from Georgia to Macon, all the way to Savannah, and now I'm in Augusta. I've barely eaten or slept during my search, but I'm not going to stop until I find my friends. I just wish I remembered how these two particular people became my friends.
*stomach grumbles*
"I guess I can stop for a quick bite to eat. After all I'm next to McDonald's."
So I walked over to the building, entered and used one of the self-order machines.
I ordered two large double Big Mac meals, along with two large bacon and cheddar angus meals. Which came to a grand total of $52.40.
Once I got my order, everyone was staring at me, wondering why I ordered four burgers for myself, but I just ignored them.
"Hey mom, look it's Daniel! Remember him mommy? We saw him back in the Wal-Mart McDonald's."
"Oh yeah. He was kind enough to give you his autograph after he was done eating and washed his hands. Want to see if we can join him?"
So Jacob walked over to me and asked if he, his mom, and his sister could join us.
"Of course you can."
So Jacob ran to his mother and told her that it was ok that we joined him.
Once they got their food they walked over to me and sat down.
"So how have you been Daniel?"
"I've been good. How about you Jacob?"
"Good."
"And what about your adorable little sister and your lovely mother?"
"I'm good thanks for asking and Alison is doing well."
"That's good. Don't you guys live in Canada?"
"We were just visiting some family for Christmas that day."
"Just like me."
"You know what you did that day, signing that autograph for Jacob was really appreciated, and you really made Jacob's day."
"Would Alison like one as well?"
"No thank you. Jacob and I are sharing the one you gave him."
"Oh. Well that's nice of him."
"Yeah, it is. My brother takes really good care of me."
"Just like my two kids, Kaden and Alice."
I took out my phone, pulled up a picture of my kids, and showed it to Jacob and his family.
"They're twins, in case you were wondering."
"They look like very sweet children."
"They are. If Jacob and Alice ever want to visit them, just take them to this address."
I took out a sheet of paper from my pocket and gave it to Jacob's mom.
"And that's Tracy's cell number. Tracy is Kaden and Alice's Aunt."
"They don't live with you and your wife?"
"I'm not married and Haley died a long time ago. Thankfully she passed away in her sleep, but I still miss her everyday of my life."
"So why are they living with Tracy?"
"Because when they were born, Haley and I were minors. So we left them with Tracy, but we did visit them quite frequently because we didn't want them to think that we didn't care about our precious kids, but I'm just upset that Kaden and Alice won't actually get to meet their mother. Because Haley died before they said their first words."
"And what was their first words?"
"Their first words were love you."
"Aww. That's cute."
"It was cute. They've grown up so fast, it's like..."
"Where did the time go?"
"Exactly. Anyways it's been nice chatting with you three, but I have to go now. And if any of ever need anything, don't be afraid to call me."

5 weeks later...
Well, I can say this with certainty, Grayson and Chandler, are nowhere in Atlanta anymore, so now it's time to search the other states. I just hope that I have better luck in the next state.

5 months later...
No luck whatsoever, I guess it's time to give up the search and finally rest, and pay Kaden and Alice a surprise visit.

Kaden's POV
-25 minutes later-
"Kaden? Is everything ok?"
"Huh?"
"Is everything ok? You're staring off into space."
"I'm sorry, what did you say?"
Alice grabbed hold of me and shook me and shook me, and then lightly slapped me a few times.
"Can...you...understand me?"
"Yes."
"Good."
"Oh, by the way, I was just messing with you that second time."
Alice actually slapped me this time.
"You bastard!"
"I just wanted to see your reaction. I never expected you to grab me and shake me like a milkshake."
"I just wanted to make sure that..."
*ding dong...knock knock knock...ding dong*
I walked over to the door and looked through the eyehole and was surprised at who was standing there.
I turned to my sister and told her to come check this out, and when she did she was in utter shock as well.
I instantly unlocked the door and opened it.
"Hi dad."