Chapter 23: Depression Hits Grayson Hard

Grayson's POV
I tapped the person on the shoulder, and before he turned around I asked, "Daniel, is that you?"
He turned around and when I saw his face I was extremely disappointed.
"You're not Daniel, are you?"
"No I'm not, why would I want to be that backstabbing traitor? He's a jerk, and should've been aborted. I'm glad he's dead now! He was a useless piece of shit. Nobody loved him. I wish he killed himself a long time ago. And I don't understand why you dated him in the first place. He didn't deserve to be loved by anyone. He didn't deserve to have any friends. He died as a piece of shit and will always be a piece of shit. Now get the hell out of my face you ugly motherfuckers!"
Before we could reply he shoved both of us to the ground and took off running.
"I'm going home. See you later Chandler."
As I was walking off a ton of tears were cascading down my face, and Chandler was calling out to me.
"You shouldn't listen to that asshole, he's wrong about Daniel, and you know it."
I don't care. I'm done with everything. I don't care about what anyone says.

Home...
The moment I got home I grabbed a steak knife, placed it in my jean pocket and ran upstairs to my bedroom.
I sat down on my bed and started to cut myself on both arms until there were fifty cuts and just let the blood pour out for ten minutes before I covered them with gauge and a bandage roll, then I cleaned up any blood on the floor.

5 minutes later...
There was a knock on my door and I told the person to come in, I wasn't surprised at who it was. It was Chandler.
"You know that person was wrong about Daniel right?"
"I don't fucking care! Trying to bring Daniel back was a huge mistake."
"You don't mean that."
"Yes I do."
"By the way here are a few protein shakes."
"Thanks. Now can you please leave me alone?"
"Sure. And if you need anything you can always come to me."
"Ok."
Chandler left my room and I drank all three of my protein shakes, and then I left the house for a second time today.
I made my way downtown and made my way to the roof of the tallest building.
"If that person thinks that Daniel is utterly useless, then it must be true."

30 minutes later...
Chandler appeared behind me and called out to me. Luckily I didn't get scared, but I did turn my head to face him.
"Why the fuck are you here Chandler? And how did you find me?"
"I signed into your apple account and tracked you down with the find my iPhone app."
"There's no point in living. Daniel's dead and useless according to that guy Daniel is a piece of shit and maybe he should've been aborted."
"Do you honestly believe that?"
"Yes. I do. I just want to end it. I don't want to live without Daniel."
"But you're plan is working. Daniel will be alive soon. And you know it."
"What's the point? He never cared about me."
"Yes he did. He saved you plenty of times, even if he made some mistakes in the past. He loved you. He wouldn't have asked for to marry him if he didn't love you."
"You do have a point, but I just want to join Daniel. So just leave me be. I want to do this."
"No you don't. Daniel is the love of your life, I know it, and so do you. You two really do care about one another."
"How do I know that Daniel will still love me when he wakes up? And how do I know that he won't hurt me when he wakes up? After all he tried to kill me a few times."
"I already told you. You two love each other since you saved each other from death numerous times. Please step down from the ledge."
"I'm sorry Chandler, but this is what I want. I have to do this."
"If you do this and Daniel finds out, all your hard work to bring him back would be in vain. Do you really want that? Do you want Daniel to kill himself after you went through so much trouble?"
"No."
"Please Grayson step down from the ledge. I don't want to lose my brother. I love you and I'll always love you."
"I'll always love you too."
"You just have to wait a little while longer and then Daniel will be back in your life. You are loved by many people Grayson. Think about your family, think about your friends. Do you really want to hurt your friends, or our family? You mean all lot to all of us. So please step down from the ledge."
"Do you really mean everything that you said?"
"Of course I do."
"So please, take my hand."
Chandler approached me and held out his hand. I hesitated for a few seconds and then accepted his gesture and stepped down. We hugged for a few minutes and then left the building.
"Thanks for saving my life Chandler."
"You're welcome. Now let's get back home."
"Ok."