Chapter 20: Back to Daniel's Grave

On the road...
Grayson's POV (CONT'D)
"You guys going to visit a dead loved one?"
"Yeah, and the funeral home is allowing us to add some things to our friend's coffin. Well our friend who passed away is more of a brother than a friend, but you see our friend Daniel wanted to be buried with the gifts I bought him, except he wasn't. So we're only doing this so he can finally rest in peace."
"That's nice of you, but what's with the duffle bags?"
"That's what we're using to carry Daniel's gifts and some food and drink in case we get hungry or thirsty."
"Good idea."
"Thanks. Daniel even saved my life quite a few times, and he was a war hero as well."
"You must've been extremely grateful just like the people Daniel saved in the war."
"I was and I still am grateful for what Daniel did."
"May I ask how he died?"
"He was murdered. Sniper bullet to the head."
"That sucks. I'm sorry for your loss."
"Thank you."
"You're welcome."

Later...
"Well here we are, and it looks like the funeral home raised Daniel's coffin out of the ground for us. So let's get to work putting the jewelry in Daniel's coffin."
"Stay here please. I want a few minutes by myself next to Daniel's coffin."
"Ok. If you need me don't be afraid to call me over."
"I will."
I walked over to Daniel's coffin and I could feel tears sliding down my face, I placed both of my hands on the coffin and opened the top half. When I saw Daniel's lifeless body I immediately started bawling my eyes out.
"I-I-I st-st-still c-can't b-believe that you're d-d-dead D-D-Daniel. I-I r-really m-m-miss you."
I took Daniel's hand into mine and started crying even more.
"I know t-that I-I-I'll get to see you soon, b-but I d-don't know if I want to wait. I'm thinking of joining you if my plan doesn't work."
Right after I said that I could feel a draft come from behind me. So I turned around and saw Daniel standing a few feet from me.
"This is why I wanted you to forget about me and move on. I didn't want you to turn suicidal or have the same tendencies I had back when I was suicidal. I wanted you to be happy and move on, but you didn't. And I want to know why."
"Because I love you. And I'm not going to stop loving you. You're my one true love and I don't want anyone else, I just want you."
"That's very sweet but you should've moved on."
"I'm loyal to you and you only."
"I love you Grayson no matter what."
"I love you too."
"See you soon."
"I hope so."

5 minutes later...
"Well here goes nothing. Got the jewelry Chandler?"
"Yes I do."
Chandler handed me each piece of jewelry separately and I placed all of the jewelry on Daniel's body.
"How long do you think it'll take for Daniel to wake up?"
"I'm not sure Grayson. Could be a few minutes, a few hours, a few weeks, a few months, or a few years."
"Well I hope he wakes up soon."
"So do I. Because I like seeing you happy, and I know that Daniel makes you extremely happy."
"He does, which is why I'm glad that I'll actually be able to talk to him again, as well as hold him, kiss him, and protect him."

4 hours later...
"He still hasn't woken up. So my plan was a bust."
"Maybe it'll take longer than we anticipated, so we should bury him again and then head home."
"Ok. I really thought my plan was going to work."
"Give it time."
"This was a stupid idea, and I'm stupid for believing that it would work."
"You're not stupid Grayson and what you did for Daniel was very nice and I'm sure he really appreciated it. And maybe he's waiting for us to leave so he can surprise you later."
"It's possible, but why doesn't he just wake up now?"
"I'm not sure, but we should really put the coffin back in the ground."
"Ok."

Home...
"If you need me I'll be in my room listening to some music."
"Are you sure that you're feeling ok?"
"I just want some time by myself Chandler."
"Ok. If you need anything, I'll be down here watching some television."
"Ok."

Grayson's bedroom...
I unlocked my phone and went on "YouTube" and the first song I decided to listen to was "Wish You Were Here" by Avril Lavigne. After that song was finished I put on "I'll See You Again" by Westlife. Right after that song finished I played "I Miss You/Slipped Away" by Avril Lavigne. I kept this process up for three hours until I built up the courage to go and talk to my brother.

A/N: Here's the list of songs Grayson listened to for three whole hours.
"Wish You Were Here" by Avril Lavigne.
"I'll See You Again" by Westlife.
"I Miss You/Slipped Away" by Avril Lavigne.
"Here Comes Goodbye" by Rascal Flatts.
"Why" by Rascal Flatts.
"Alone With Nothing" by Smile Empty Soul.
"Say Something" by Christina Aguilera.
"Just The Rain" by Lonestar.
"Goodbye (I'm Sorry)" by Jamestown Story.
"With This Knife" by Smile Empty Soul.
"When You're Gone" by Avril Lavigne.
"To Where You Are" by Josh Groban.
"Mi Mancherai" by Josh Groban.
"If It Wasn't For You" by Lonestar.
"Always There" from The Land Before Time.
"Not Alright" by Smile Empty Soul.
"Just A Kiss" by Lady Antebellum.
"Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum.
"Fall To Pieces" by Avril Lavigne.
"Far Away" by Nickelback.
"It's You" by Westlife.
"The One That Got Away" by Katy Perry.
"Bad Day" by Daniel Powter.
"Apologize" by Timbaland.
"Mad World" by Gary Jules.
"Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M.
"Nobody's Home" by Avril Lavigne.
"I'm Already There" by Lonestar.
"Innocence" by Avril Lavigne.
"Maybe Someday" by Lonestar.
"Disease" by Smile Empty Soul.
"November Rain" by Guns N Roses.
"I Wanna Grow Old With You" by Westlife.
"Angel" by Westlife.
"Please Stay" by Westlife.
"I Cry" by Westlife.
"Miss You" by Westlife.
"The He Kissed Me" by The Crystals.
"If We Hold On Together" by Diana Ross.
"When I'm Gone" by 3 Doors Down.
"Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down.
-total time for all these songs is 3:01:01-

Downstairs...
"Hey Grayson, how are you feeling now?"
"I do feel a little better, but I still feel like shit."
"I heard the songs you were listening to, what was that all about? Because they were all really depressing."
"Just trying to forget about my plan that failed, but it obviously didn't work."
"You're not going to try to commit suicide, are you? Or start cutting?"
"I...I don't know. *sits down in Daniel's chair* I don't want to worry you or our parents, especially Daniel if he ever wakes up, but what else can I do to relieve my stress?"
"Talk to me. Talk to our parents. Talk to Jehovah through Jesus Christ."
"But what if Daniel never wakes up?"
"Then you can go visit him frequently and pretend to talk to him. But if Daniel does wake up and finds out that you killed yourself, he'll end up doing the same and all your hard work would've been for nothing."
"Good point."
"You've come this far and you've made an impact on so many people and you continue to inspire people. Don't throw your life away. You mean a lot to your family and to your friends. If you killed yourself I would miss you, our parents would definitely miss, and your friends would miss you and may even ask why you killed yourself. I love you little brother, and I don't want to lose you."
"I love you too Chandler."
Chandler and I hugged for a few minutes. Chandler pulled away from the hug, but placed his hands on my shoulders.
"You're a good person Grayson, with a wonderful personality. Don't forget that. And remember that I'm never going to stop loving you Grayson."
"And I'll never stop loving you as well Chandler."
"I'm going to turn in, see you in the morning bro."
"Have a good sleep."
"You too."

A/N: How long do you think it'll take Daniel to wake up? A day? A week? A month? A year? Let me know in the comments. And I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I also want to thank all of you for you love and support for the Never Expected Series. I'll see you all in the next chapter. Peace out.