𝘷𝘴𝘰𝘰 - 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦

"If 'I love you' was a promise
Would you break it, if you're honest?"

· · ───── ·✧· ───── · ·

"Let's break up." Taehyung says, suddenly.

"What- You're kidding right?" Jisoo asks, still trying her best to comprehend the situation at hand.

"No. I'm serious." He says with a stern face. "You and I aren't a good match. Let's break up and just be friends."

"No.." She mutters slowly. Her mind puzzles, trying to figure out where she went wrong.

"It's getting late. Let me walk you home." He says before he walks ahead from her.

She walks up to Taehyung, grabbing his arm while biting down her lower lips to hold back her tears.

"You can't do this to me,Tae. You can't just leave." Her voice starts off sharp, but then she breaks down and before she realizes, tears began streaming down her cheeks.

"This is probably for the best. You deserve a guy who is going to be there for you and can treat you right. I know this is hard, but we should definitely still be friends. Go back to being the friends we were before we started dating." He says calmly.

'How could he says that so easily?' Jisoo holds his both arm tightly as she looks deeply into his eyes. People often saying eyes is the windows to the soul, but his eyes is lifeless and empty. 'Where is your heart,Tae.. Why I can't feel you?' Her eyes now becoming glossy with tears.

"Then how about those three little words you always uttered and forever?"

"I'm falling out of love with you, Jisoo! Look.. It's just. I just don't think.. We're right for each other." He heaves a deep sigh as pulling his arm away before he abruptly turn and walking ahead, leaving Jisoo standing there with her mind failing to function, staring after him.

'We were finally.. Finally, over.' She mutters under her breath.

· · ───── ·✧· ───── · ·

Three damn years. That's how long they had been together. Jisoo still lying on her bed thinking how they had started dating. How much fun it was and how much she loved him. But now, he wants to go back to being friends? She knows it's a lot easier said than done. She couldn't be friends with him and go back how she was just because he wanted to. Jisoo still loved him, despite all he had put her through.

And it feels cold without him. She wraps herself up in more blankets but it could not substitute the warmth that she needs. She could feel tears running down her face again.

The ring of a cell phone brings her out of her reverie. Jisoo lazily peeking on her phone screen but she answers the call when she sees her best friend's name on the phone screen.

"Hello Jisoo, Are you alright?" Jennie asks, with a worry creeping into her voice.

"Yeah.. Maybe." She shrugs.

"I'm sorry to hear about you and Taehyung." Jennie says, sympathetically.

"Wait- How do you know?" Her eyebrow furrows in confusion.

"Namjoon told me this morning.. I really can't believe he broke up with you just because he is going to military service."

Jisoo freezes in disbelief, feeling dumbfounded.

"Jisoo? Are you still there?" Jennie asks.

"Jen, I'll call you back." Jisoo says before she ends their call. She quickly changes into a comfy pair of jeans and sweater, before taking a subway train, headed to Taehyung's home.