The One With The Farewell And The Letter

Comenzar desde el principio

"Why the hell did Katherine do that?" Emily changed her question with a hint of fire in her green eyes and anger in her voice as she felt betrayed by the Petrova vampire. The human girl felt blindsided as she always believed Katherine was being truthful with her since she was doing something for her deceased sister, who Katherine obviously cared a lot for. It just didn't make any sense to Emily for why Katherine would have betrayed and lied to her like this.

Elena looked at her twin sister with her brown eyes softened as she knew how much Emily wanted to trust Katherine to do good by her - even though she didn't really understand why her twin sister would believe anything Katherine says. Elena still felt bad for Emily, though, as she hates seeing her sister upset, which is why her expression swiftly changed into a glare as she remembered what she heard on the phone on the way to the cemetery.

"Katherine brought us to Isobel before she betrayed Katherine so she can hand us over to Klaus herself," the Gilbert vampire explained to Emily about what she had come to realize on the ride here before she crossed her arms over her chest and turned her fierce glare over to the silent raven haired woman that was standing slightly behind her. Elena still felt bitter and hatred towards their biological mother as she couldn't believe Isobel was really going to let her daughter be sacrificed for the hybrid. It made Elena realize even more that Isobel was never really their mother as Isobel only cares about herself.

The human Petrova doppelganger's facial expression didn't change all that much at what Elena told her as Emily knew all along that this was going to happen. Isobel wasn't going to just have a change of heart because of her daughter, who she never cared about, is in trouble. It just isn't who Isobel is. However, though, that didn't stop the anger from entering the human girl's voice when she finally spoke - despite already knowing that this was going to happen.

"So, what?" Emily snarled as she stepped around Elena and glared at her biological mother before she continued her angry questioning, "you're just gonna hand us over to the big bad hybrid? You made a deal, right? Our lives for yours?" The human girl then let out a humorless chuckle when Isobel avoided looking into her eyes and answering her questions before she added the final blow, "wow, you really are a cold hearted, selfish bitch that would turn her back on her own blood."

The Flemming vampire didn't respond to any of her oldest daughter's cruel words like she did with the words she had gotten earlier from her younger daughter as Isobel knew she deserved every single one of them and much more for never being the mother Emily and Elena needed while they were growing up. Instead, the raved haired vampire took a couple of steps towards the right before she stopped in front of a familiar tombstone and silently began to push the dark brown leaves from Virginia's fall season to the side.

The Gilbert twins glanced at one another in confusion as they watched Isobel focus on one certain tombstone. Emily and Elena were both still angry at their biological mother but they couldn't help but be curious to why they were in this unknown cemetery, so the Gilbert vampire linked her fingers with her twin sister's before they took a couple of steps closer to where their biological mother was standing. "What is this?" Elena wondered as she tried her best to read over the tall Isobel's shoulder.

Isobel took an uncommon shaky deep breath as she stared at the words in front of her before she turned her body to the side and showed her daughters what she was looking at which read; 'In loving memory ~ Isobel Flemming ~ Jan 18, 1978 - May 4, 2007.' The raven haired vampire watched Emily and Elena's facial expressions for a calm moment before she began to softly utter, "my parents, your grandparents, they put it here when it became clear that the police weren't going to find my body."

A small smile graced Isobel's usual stone-like face before she recalled, "they visit every week, and they bring flowers, even though there's no one buried here." The Flemming vampire then paused in her speech as she let memories of her parents take over her mind for a few minutes of tranquility before a grim expression instantly shined on her face as she stated with a shake of her head, "but the Isobel they knew is dead."