Broken Paths

I looked in the mirror at myself and honestly my heart ached and soon I started to sob. I know I have to be strong for my kids right now but I felt weak. I felt powerless.

In Atlanta I can't help but to look over my shoulder. I can't help but fear that someone is after me or my family.

With Clarence away I didn't feel protected at all. There have been many days that I just wanted to get the kids and leave Georgia.

But I couldn't do that to Clarence, I had to be here for him. It's been a couple of weeks without him and I missed him like crazy but the madness that surrounded us was dangerous.

I'm pregnant, scared and alone. Clarence's lawyer called and said that he and Clare needed to meet with me and discuss business.

I have been afraid all morning, mainly because I'm responsible for what happened to Keith. I killed him and now Clarence is in jail, paying the price.

He is missing out in our kids lives because of me. The doorbell knocked me out of my thoughts.

The kids were sound asleep so I made sure to answer it quietly. I looked at the security cameras and raged flushed through my body.

"What the hell are you doing here?" A smirk came upon her face and I swear I wanted to smack it off

"I hear Clarence has gotten locked up... so I'm here for my son, Legend." I scoffed

"Aaliyah you come here, months later and you try to take him away now. Why?" She giggled

"I don't have to answer to you!Give . Me. My. Son." And in cue the sirens wailed as the police pulled up in my driveway

I retied the belt of my robe and looked at her with the confusion as the police.

"We got a call that you're holding her child against her will. Return the child to her or we'll have to arrest for kidnapping." The officer announced, stepping into my house

I looked over at Aaliyah and she looked at me as if she just won. I shook my head.

"Please don't do this!" I pleaded for Legend's safety

"Go get my child." My head fell as I walked upstairs as I looked in his eyes.

I looked in his innocent brown eyes and I seen Clarence. Tears fell from my eyes as I picked him up and held him close to me.

It was crazy how attached I had grown to him. I felt as if he was my son. Lamara came in rubbing her eyes as I put on his coat. She placed a kiss on his cheek.

"I luh ya bra bra..." I smiled faintly

"We go bye bye mommy?" She questioned because I was putting on his coat and I shook my head no

Lamara has also grown attached to her little brother. We walked downstairs and I looked at Legend one last time before she snatched him outta my arms.

He instantly started to cry and Lamara latched onto my leg hiding herself. Aaliyah started to walk towards the door.

"Bra bra!" Lamara screamed and she begin to cry I picked her up and comforted