Broken Life

Beep Beep Beep....

I opened my eyes sighing another stressful day come on Brittany get up I got up and dragged my feet to the floor.

I walked over kissing my baby girl cheek as she slept in her crib. I walked to the bathroom and turned the shower over to hot.

I stripped outta my clothes and hopped in. I was in the process of washing my hair until the water cut off.

"Noo nooo noooo!" I yelled

"Jalisa!" I called out

"I know the water is out and I'm going to pay the bill now, i had to get the money from Drew first." I sighed

I didn't have time to wait I had to be to work soon. But hey this is my life right.

I'm a single mom that is struggling waiting paycheck and after in order to survive.

I came from a wealthy family but they cut me off once they found out I was pregnant and turned my acceptance to Harvard.

My mom used to support me as long as I was making her happy and abiding by her rules.

Me and my dad still communicate he loves me to death but he doesn't help he said Lamara is my responsibility to handle.

I absolutely agree but some support would be nice.

I know y'all wondering where is her father?

We live in the same city, under each other but we haven't ran into each other.

Cutting someone out your life when you had so much love for them, you seen that person everyday and now their just gone.

"Are you sure you wanna do this Britt?"

"Yes Clare I love you and I want you to have my virginity."

I face palmed myself thinking back, how could I be so stupid.

"Where are you going Clarence ?"

"I have an important drop after this Britt we will be taken care of."

"We can start a life."

"I don't want you in that mix Clare , if some happens to you I'll never be okay again ever."

I came back to reality and wrapped myself in a towel. I went in my room looking through draws for work clothes.

Until I heard little whimpers, I smiled.

"Goodmorning babygirl."