Broken Us

"How's the baby?"

"The baby is fine but the doctor did say I'm under a lot of stress Clarence and if I don't slow down, I'm gonna lose the baby." I said as tears stung my eyes

He put his hands on the glass that we were talking through. His once fresh hair cut was now bushed out and he had dark circles under his eyes.

I could tell he was stressing too. Not being able to be with us, his family was deterring him.

By now tears were falling.

"I did thi-"

"No Brittany be quiet." His eyes widened and he signaled for me to say nothing

My sobs were getting to be too much so I slammed the phone hanging it up as Clarence yelled for me to come back.

With all that's going on right now my baby was at risk. I am under to much stress, trying to be the perfect girlfriend, friend and mother.

Jalisa isn't talking to anyone, she is traumatized and come to find out she was pregnant.

She lost her and Dro's baby. She hid it for so long and now that she lost her precious secret she didn't want to say anything, to anyone because she blamed us.

My kids deserve the best mother they can have. Legend has to love life without his birth mother that abandoned him in which I'll try to be everything he needs, I'll treat him as if he's my own because he didn't ask to come in this world.

With Clarence arrest happening the streets were talking. Everything was chaotic, some nights I'll get death threats over the phone because they want to take his spot as the Kingpin.

Many looked down on him because he wasn't running things from New York but he was the KingPin of it. Others looked down on him because he got "caught".

And on a bad day I begin to remember these were the reasons why I wanted to keep Lamara outta his life, outta this life.

Am I wrong for wanting to protect my baby?

One side was telling to stick by his side and the others was telling me Atlanta wasn't safe and I needed to take the kids and go.

Clarence needed me right now for his mental being and I want to be there for him but if we have another altercation I just might to save myself.

Is that selfish?

Clarence

So many people in here wanted my head but none of that phased me. Mentally I was torn up because I couldn't be there for my family.

Brittany says she is strong but soon she'll crack and soon I'll have to catch her so I needa get outta here.

"Pretty boy, you have a visitor..." The guard came by unlocking the my cell

He cuffed me and pushed me along. We weren't going to the regular meeting area making me scrunch my eyebrows.

We made it to a dark cut and then I knew it was set up. I felt a burning sensation in my back followed back a throbbing pain.

"Ahhh..." I yelled tryna break out the cuffs to beat his ass

But he had me to where I couldn't defend myself. He kicked in the stomach making me cough up blood.

He lifted me to my feet and said

"Let's mess up this pretty face." And with that he swung back sending a blow to my face making my lip drip

I felt powerless not being able to defend myself but this guard was pussy.

After he beat me he took me in a room telling me my lawyer would be here soon.

And sure enough Kevin walked in with them fancy suits he be wearing.

"You don't never leave the house without a damn suit..." I mentioned and he popped his collar

"I have to... for culture. How you holding up man?" He asked looking at my face

"Nothing I can't handle... I needa get outta here man, to my family."

"I'm doing all I can right now the judge keeps pushing back your case I'm giving them hell 25/8."

"I know for a fact that I can get you out, we have to get Brittany on the stand."

I looked up at him and shook my head.

"We cannot include her man, not my family."

"Clarence man that is the only out for you, is her on the stand telling about her being kidnapped by Black."

"She'll have to confess..."

"It'll be self-defense."

I sighed knowing the stress my baby was already under. I know that with me she is in a constant danger. My family is in danger and all I want to do is protect but I can't from here.

"Let's talk to her." I said

Short?

Do y'all think Brittany will talk?