werifesteria

Delilah wasn't as furious and harsh as Wisteria imagined. Instead, the woman kindly let the two men sit down and went to go get the devil some tea.

Septimus had placed his wings away, but the horns were still visible. Wisteria couldn't help but tremble at the sight of him. Although this was Septimus with her, everything about him changed. She was really dumb to forget about his true nature. His power and aura right now proved him to be a devil.

Matteus, who was still glaring at the Wisp, moved closer to his mistress and eyed the girl curiously. Silky immediately floated beside the god and had a stare off between herself and the demon, the tension immediately thickening.

"I'm sorry." Septimus said at last.

Wisteria fiddled with her fingers. "For what?"

"The sacrifice... I didn't grab hold on you."

The human merely smiled, but they could see that she was tired. All of her excitement washed away and her complexion seemed even worse than when she had arrived.

The girl only shrugged at him, "It's alright, brother. I'm fine."

"Where did you go?" He inquired. "When the mirror shattered, I tried to find you. But you were nowhere close to me."

"I ended up in the mountains and found a tribe filled with Phantom Tigers," Wisteria explained. "After I had saved one of theirs from an auction, they treated me well. I stayed there for a while to recover. When they released me, I couldn't... get hold of you. So I called upon Godess Zeena to show me the way home."

The god's fingers twitched from the name and his eyes flashed annoyance. "Though I despise the fact I couldn't help you, I am grateful to that woman for showing you the way."

Wisteria nodded before seeing the god's eyes soften. And when she saw that look of relief, her hands fisted themselves. She raised her head and gave the male a narrowed look, an accusing glare appearing.

"I felt it you know."

And then his relief vanished. His lazy form became tense.

"I'm fine with what happened. It's alright." She continued. "I'm not angry at the pain you've inflicted on me, but at the ones you give to my demon. Since you've watched me, you know me. You know what to expect."

His hands clenched on the armrest as he gazed at the girl, sitting now with a hardened look upon her face. "I just want you to know that even if you are the king of hell, I'll give my own demons to conquer you. Don't fucking touch Matteus," she sneered. Wisteria seemed more angry as she spoke.

This was her true personality. Septimus wanted to learn about her, he got it. The human which appeared to be weak, was now emitting a killing intent, a warning, to the god. Septimus accepted it silently, but couldn't find it in himself to get angry with her. Instead he released his tight grip on the armrests in relief, silently enjoying this side of his human. But he took caution not to anger her again.

"I'm sorry about all of this. I don't have many things to offer you." Her caretaker walked back inside the room and placed the small cup in front of the king. The devil lightly sniffed the air and shook his head.

"It's alright. I like the taste of nectar tea."

"Ah, really? I personally made this with a hint of a secret recipe," Delilah began to chat away. "It's wonderful when you need something hot after being outside in the cold. Would you like some as well, Matteus? I have plenty of candies to give."

Eh? How come Delilah seemed all buddy-buddy with the two of them? The woman was just shaking in fright earlier.

"So how did you come to meet my sweet girl, lord Septimus?" Delilah asked.