acquiescent

Inside the cold palace, loud sounds of a whip was heard throughout the hallways. It made the previous stoic faces servants flinched. Every time the whip landed, a wave of power was spread the room and eventually reached the courtyard. Even the dark faes had clumsily flew around the gardens before having to stop themselves and fearfully hide in the bushes, pressing their tiny hands against their ears.

In the throne room, blood stained the dark colored floor. There were muffled groans, but no scream came. With hands bound together from the thorniest of vines, the demon could only accept the punishment before him.

"You were right when you thought I was irritated with you getting out of the tree." The god raised his whip high in the air, bright flames coming out to burn the demon's skin. His eyes seethed at the abomination that kneeled as he drew the weapon down and hit the side of his face. "But now I'm fucking pissed."

Matteus lolled his head to the side, trying to lift his eyes up to look at the god. "Lord Septimus—"

"You said you've never seen my bad side?" Through gritted teeth, he harshly sent the whip down multiple times. The servants backed away in caution with their forms shaking in terror. Septimus flicked his whip to the side, hearing the floor crack. "You're about to if you don't find her soon."

Matteus almost slumped to the floor. Even if his blood stained the floor, there were some parts that were clear enough for him to see his wrecked reflection. Every muscle aches and he could swear that pieces of his skin have been ripped away by the whip. Not only that, the most pain he felt was form his head.

His left horn had been torn and thrown away.

"Will—" Matteus found it hard to speak. He had every right to be scared, and to say that he wasn't trembling was such a lie. His god who he has been admiring for many years, was now about to kill him. Possibly his master as well.

"Will I what? Speak up, boy." Septimus cracked the floor too close to the demon.

Matteus sneered. "My master... will you hurt her?"

"Hurt her?" Septimus grew even more furious, but he lowered his whip down. Walking over to the bleeding abomination, he raised his foot and kicked down the man. Placing more pressure Septimus watched as the demon's face was smashed to the ground, bathing in the scent of his own blood. "If I wanted her dead then I would've killed that human girl the moment she pulled you out of the tree."

Matteus, who had been struggling, suddenly stopped. He ignored the metallic scent and shivered, "You... know?"

"You think that I haven't?" Septimus withdrew his foot before slamming it against his throat. Matteus hoarsely gasped from the impact and coughed abruptly. "I control this realm."

"I'll b-bring her back." The demon immediately said as soon as the pain was numbed. Matteus weakly got up to his knees with the struggles of his hands being bonded together. He wheezed, "I-I... will get my master back."

Septimus flicked his whip. Almost instantly, two silhouettes appeared beside the angry god. They almost resembled each other if it were not for the new masks given to them. One mask had vivid flowers that seemed to be growing on the edges and golden vines grew across to the other side, while the other mask had dead plants that wilted. It was not vines, but dead branches that stretched to reach the opposite side of the mask.

Matteus had to glare at the twins. "Abdul samad... and your lover." The one with the dead flowers stepped closer to his twin and wrapped an arm around him. The other slightly backed away before clasping his hands behind his back, lowering his head a little as if to get a clearer look at the fallen demon.