beginning

Some could say her life was okay. It wasn't bad or anything. She wasn't sad, depressed, or really feeling any kind of torment. She had a great friend that loved her and an amazing future.

But she wanted more than just an easy life. Everything was handed down to her if she asked. Nothing in her life was a challenge other than getting good grades or being well-mannered towards rude people.

"Wis!" Glancing towards her friend, Trinity launched herself against the female and wrapped her arms around the body, squeezing it like a snake. Flicking a piece of her strawberry blonde hair away, bright green eyes stared into her crystal orbs. "Why aren't you listening to me?" She pouted.

"Apologies, dear." Wisteria calmly unhooked herself from the grip. She sent her a smile which made Trinity bite her lip. "What did you say?"

"Here," she quickly placed a small bar of chocolate in the palm of her friend's hands. "It's been great hanging out with you today. But... my ride's here." Trinity brushed a lock of brown hair away from her eyes to get a clear look at the female.

Right. Wisteria scrunched her nose up in disgust. She had forgotten that today was the day that Trinity was moving away. Her family had gotten better jobs at another city, and since the two of them were only seventeen and couldn't really stay with each other, Trinity had to go. The two of them spent the last few days with each other as much as they could.

Trinity gave her an uncertain smile before giving her one last hug before pulling away. "I'll call you everyday, and you have to make sure to answer them."

"I will."

The sound of tires screeching to a stop caught both of their attention. Wisteria looked over Trinity's shoulders and frowned.

"I gotta go, but remember, you have to pick-"

"Up your calls." She finished for her. "I got it. Go, your family's waiting."

"I love you!" She gave her a cheeky grin, but it quickly faded away as she finally placed some distance between them. Wisteria scoffed, "I love you, too." Trinity sniffled before walking away, hesitating to look back.

Before Wisteria knew it, Trinity was gone from her sight. Still, the young female sat still at the bench. Her fingers curled in her lap. There wasn't really anything for her to do left. She couldn't really return to her home, there wasn't much there for her.

The people she had met say that she lives a good life, always taking care of herself and having friends that take care of her. But honestly, Trinity was her only friend. The kids at her school were what she would call "acquaintances". Now that her best friend was gone, she absolutely had no idea what she was going to do with the rest of her high school life.

"Ugh." She furrowed her brows before scowling, the gentle look on her face disappearing.

It'd be a miracle for her to even want to go to school tomorrow. The student never even thought what would happen if she were to try and enter college. But that place was beyond her dreams, she couldn't afford to get in with her lack of interests on what to do with her life. At least when Trinity was with her, she had the possibility to daydream about going wherever she wanted with the female.

Wisteria supposed she couldn't complain. There wasn't anything she could do. But still, she didn't want to leave the bench. So she stayed at the park for several hours with a stoic expression sketched onto her face.