Chapter 24:The Mind Breach

We believe what we see right?I felt it was impossible.What had just happened?My eyes were deceiving me.Chris was frozen on the spot, and I couldn't help him.I never saw that coming.I was supposed to protect him, and I did the exact opposite.He was entangled in this huge mess because of me.And he was hurt because of me.It all ended with me.I was the reason this happened.And I could only end this.

"Look at you.Standing hopeless before me.Do you take me for a fool?You think I don't know about your little plans?Talking to the Keeper?Those fools can never capture me.Why would I give you free reign in my world?Are you this naive?"Savir sneered.

He was right.He was always one step ahead of us.It was stupid of me to think he would not observe us.He gave us a false sense of security before he attacked.He was prepared for all kinds of possibilities.And we revealed all of our plans for him to listen and analyse.He was right about everything.

"That does not mean you will win,Savir.We are getting out of here one way or another.You can never stop us or keep us captive."

"Is that so?You will be begging for mercy later.And then you won't remember anything?I will get what I want.And you won't get hurt if you listen to me now.Think again.Your friend won't get hurt."

"You have some nerve for bargaining now.Even if I agree, you wouldn't do anything as you promised.I wouldn't have to be a Mind Reader to know that.You did not stay loyal to your best friends.Why would you spare us?I don't agree to anything."

"So you want your friend to suffer,huh?I did not know you were this cold.I thought he was your best friend.And you could give your life to save him."

"I will give my life if it meant I was saving him.But I'm not here.I am gonna fight you."

"Bold choice.I knew you were going to say that.I have others ways to weaken you."

I understood it was trouble when he smiled.And I found out what was his first attack.He was targeting Chris first.Chris was shaking all over and he had no control over his body.Savir had made him lose his control over his own body.And I knew nothing that could stop this.

It was scary watching him twitch and then get frozen again.I could only yell stop.I wanted to help him so bad.It was like there was a wall which was preventing me to move towards him.I hated every moment he was in pain.I could only see him but I couldn't stop his suffering.

Don't worry about me

What?Chris?Are we talking in our minds?Can you hear me?

Yes.Don't tip him that we are talking.I am okay.I can survive this.He is manipulating you.Don't worry about me.His hold will weaken when he fights you.And the barriers will also dissolve.We can get out then

You are right.Hang on.

It felt good after talking to him.And now I was going to fight.

"Stop that.Fight me."

"Well,if you say so."

He threw a fireball towards me which I dodged at first.Then he threw a series of them.I was seriously at risk.They were coming all at once and I had no place to dodge now.I could only face them.I created an absorbing shield and hoped it would work.

The impact caused an array of fireworks.It looked beautiful and majestic.The shield protected me from burning and getting injured.Then he threw again.I couldn't expect my shield to protect me from everything and my concentration was not that good.I had to go in offensive mode.

I retaliated with my own magic.I caused an air swirl towards him.It moved like a tornado and blew everything away in his path.He vanished it the moment it reached him.

Then I thought to send water balls.He would be in pain if any one of them hit him.He answered me back with fireballs again.I used air projection again so that even if my water balls get stopped I could gain an upper hand.

The water balls were not powerful enough to get rid of fireballs.But my air swirl knocked him off his feet.Small victory.He got up and rubbed his palms together.Then he flicked one palm.I only knew it meant bad.But how bad,I had no idea.

His energy field was the first thing I sensed.I acted on instinct and slammed it with my energy shield.Unlike my fight with Chris, this was really intense.I could not break my concentration without losing my shield.I did not know what his energy was meant for.For all I knew he could completely erase my mind with the energy wave he sent.So I blocked with my power.I had to send a counter-attack too.But I could not afford it at that moment.I had to think fast.

Chris,help me!

I was hoping I was able to communicate while blocking Savir from my mind.I prayed Chris listened to it.

I did not know if he heard my plea or if he acted on his own instinct.Either way he managed to unfreeze himself.Before he could do anything,Savir saw him.It seemed that he was shocked at how fast Chris broke his hold on him.

Savir used both his palms and created a barrier around Chris.I could see the energy surrounding him.It was a light blue fog surrounding him.But I got my opening.I launched the air swirl again.Savir saw it coming and focused his energy and pushed the swirl towards me.My energy shield was weakening again.I broke it after I created a wall of defence.It stopped the first energy blast.And then I narrowed the impact force by creating multiple walls.By the time it reached me,I had been able to bear it's impact.

I looked towards Chris.That blue energy made him unconscious.Savir must have guessed we were talking.I was alone now.Before Chris helped my Mind Talk at least.

And because I wasn't concentrating in Savir,he succeeded on hitting me with his energy.And just like that he was skimming my memories.

Author's note:
So what do you think?

Thank you for reading.If you like it, please consider leaving a comment and voting.

Let me know what you think!
☺☺☺