Chapter 2:The Result

Chris positively had a sparkle in his vigilant eyes. He always reviewed his surroundings before taking any sort if action. That was an awesome trait.

"There were undoubtedly some novices. There were ten of them. We had a memorable fight. It was like someone was testing us. You know, there are no physical tests in Initiation." I turned towards our mentor and saw him frowning. The balcony had a perfect view of the main path to the administration building entrance. It was lined with trees on both sides which made it look like it was a part of a forest. I loved it in the winter when flowers bloomed and it looked like a place in a fairy tale.

"You are right. There must be ideally a projector too, if we take the theory that someone orchestrated this entire thing. To keep an eye on novices, of course. Did you happen to, fortunately, see him?"

"No. They promptly vanished before we could see properly."I shrugged helplessly.

"The specific way you describe things, I genuinely think, there were no people involved. Only projections. You were set up in this fight. That was remarkably a Projection trap. Whoever set this up was near you and observed you for a long time."

That sounded so creepy. That person had observed us for quite some time without our knowledge. It made me want to hit somebody.

"But then, why would they vanish instantly?" Chris pointed out. He kept quiet the whole time but now he was asking these questions when there were more impkemrtant matters to discuss. Like how someone was spying?

"That's typically something I'm not sure of. Whoever carefully planned this must have been undoubtedly doing this for a long time. It seems like a part of some major plan."

We glanced at each other. Chris turned towards Jim, " Should we tell that to authorized test officials? They might not know about this, right? Then they can help us in catching whoever it was."

Jim nodded thoughtfully, " They would not. The standard test was naturally conducted in the Enchanted Forest. So your testing limit would not be outside the forest. Even if they were observing you which isn't the case now as we started using projection holograms, they will just make a joke that you are paranoid. They would be none the wiser even if it had happened in the forest. You don't worry about it. I will make an inquiry and see what I can do."

We nodded politely.

"Other key thing. You would be in your advanced classes now. We would pursue our specialized training in the evening. Also combat training for you, Chris. Aria, you will have mind training at the same time. So buckle up for this incredible ride."

The combat training part caught my attention. I was hoping from a long time that I would be allowed after the Initiation. But things never seemed to go my way.

"Hey, will I not be in combat training?"

"No. You will naturally have to concentrate fiercely on your projection skills for now. You know, there hasn't been a Mind shifter in the royal family or any other for a long time. You are special, and it makes you vulnerable. We are not taking any possible chances, so do not whine."

"Argh. You guys typically get the fun stuff. I get all the concentrate-clean your mind part. It is not reasonable. Why should I not learn how to properly defend myself?"

"We are not against you learning properly. It's only just that you are not traditionally supposed to be in the fight. With you being a beloved princess and all, your parents would not approve of you being in close proximity to imminent danger."

"I sincerely want to fight if we are in potential danger. What happens if he isn't there to proactively protect me? No offense, Chris."

"Well, he will be. As far as your question goes, in my opinion, I do think you should learn. It never hurts knowing how to properly defend yourself."